Full-Time Assistant Athletic Director
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, exempt Assistant Athletic Director. Under the supervision of the Athletic Director, this position will oversee aspects of compliance and eligibility within the athletic department and with the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) policies and regulations, as well as game-day operations and website management.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee all aspects of student-athlete athletic scholarship, eligibility and letter of intent processes, including required NWAC eligibility records and files.
• Provide appropriate orientation and information sessions for prospective and current student-athletes.
• Assist in providing interpretations regarding Clark College and NWAC rules for coaches, student athletes, parents, alumni and boosters.
• Provide student-athletes with proper academic guidance towards completion, while managing athletic eligibility.
• Provide support with roster management, gender equity, and Title IX compliance.
• Oversee all game-day operations: assign part-time and work study; liaison for officials and visiting teams during home events; provide supervision at all home athletic events; manage ticket procedures for home games; and assist in the maintenance of athletic facilities.
• Oversee athletic website and social media content.
• Assist with special events for the department as assigned by the Director (banquets, luncheons, golf tournaments, etc.)
• Assist with the recruitment, hiring, training and assigning of work to part-time staff and students.
• Contributes to achievement of and support for equity objectives as established by the College.
Student Support Responsibilities:
• Perform high-touch, holistic intakes using a case-management model; supporting students in identifying their academic/career goals and objectives, identifying obstacles and challenges that may impede their success, and support students in developing a plan of action that promotes the persistence, completion and achievements of their academic/career goals.
• Provide supportive and appropriate guidance and support for students struggling academically and suggest college success strategies to retain students in academic difficulty.
• Assist students in the development of effective problem-solving skills, self-advocacy, decision-making, and personal responsibility to support their ability to persist in goal attainment.
• Provide academic and career guidance to new and continuing students.
• Collaborate with college partners in retention and completion efforts.
• Provide quality student services as demonstrated in patience, tact, courtesy, flexibility, and responsiveness to student needs.
• Possess a strong desire to build and maintain positive relationships with faculty and instructional colleagues, staff and administrators, and students.
• Employ effective critical thinking skills; seek resources for direction when necessary.
• Exercise appropriate judgment in decision making. Practice within legal and ethical guidelines.
• Possess demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to take initiative.
• Comfortable using and introducing technology to reach students and increase efficiency.
• Effective written and oral communication, including the ability to engage in one-on-one settings and in public forums.
• Exercise effective problem-solving abilities, especially in cases requiring quick action and resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• One year of experience in college sports administration/management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of NWAC, NCAA, NAIA rules and regulations, and college academic and athletic programs.
• Demonstrated success effectively working with diverse populations from systemically non-dominant backgrounds, life experiences and abilities.
• Ability to work, communicate, and develop rapport with students, faculty, administration, alumni, community groups, and media.
• Excellent professional/interpersonal communication skills.
• Multilingual skills.
• College athletics’ compliance experience.
• Academic advising experience.
• Financial aid experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal gender equity requirements.
Physical Work Environment
The position has afternoon, evening and weekend responsibilities requiring a flexible schedule, excellent attendance and communication regarding work schedule variations. Work is performed indoors and outdoors and at off-campus sites. Traveling to off-campus locations requires possession of a current and valid driver’s license. The ability to effectively and efficiently use a variety of standard office equipment (such as computer, telephone, scanner, etc.), and the ability to produce clearly written documents are essential. Effective communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
How to ApplySalary Statement: $60,768 Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver. APPLICATION PROCESS Required Online Application Materials: • Clark College Online Application • Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position • Current résumé • Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office in person or by fax (360-992-2873). Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105. Application Deadline: Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., December 16, 2019. Condition of employment: Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
154 total views, 1 today