Full-Time Asset Servicing Operations Business Management
The Business Management department is responsible for ensuring that Asset Servicing Ops (ASO) is managed globally as an entity within the BNY Mellon Group. Our mission is to assist and provide support to operations management in navigating and meeting corporate standards and requirements, enabling them to focus on their core responsibilities.
The management of the program of work assigned to the role within the Business Management team.
The focus of the BM team is on ensuring compliance with global policies in the following areas:
- Finance and Headcount
- Management Reporting
- Governance/ Regulatory Oversight
- Information Risk Management
- Support/ Projects/ Change Management
BM is currently responsible for all ASO locations including multiple locations across the US, EMEA and Asia. These locations may be amended in line with organizational changes.
Specifically, the jobholder will be required to manage the following for their ASO division:
- Contribute to the strategic direction, provide support to, and where necessary deputize, for the head of ASO Business Management.
- Partner with Finance teams to complete annual plan; facilitate input, review from Operations leads.
- Review Monthly Financial performance with Finance teams and respective Operations teams, identify variance drivers and actions required.
- Drive Efficiency & Expense tracking across organization including execution and analysis, synthesizing of outcomes to drive actions
- Own headcount planning across organization including forecasting
- Drive open requisition and approval process; facilitate talent redeployment
- Own initial setup and then on-going oversight of the Operations RTB / CTB tagging and translation into financial outcomes
- Drive location strategy including both migration of functions as well as integrating in next-gen workplace planning (WFH)
- Management Reporting & Metrics
- The provision of accurate and timely MIS and Metrics to all internal and external parties.
- Drive the production and oversight of the daily, weekly, monthly executive management metrics for the operations organization
- Liaise with the central metrics team to facilitate the introduction of new metrics, validate of current metrics to ensure alignment with outcomes. Review and provide context / key drivers to variances.
- Drive MBRs / IBRs process; coordinate input for internal / external stakeholder engagement including Client meetings.
- Governance & Administration
- Facilitate operational administration and governance of both reoccurring and ad-hoc actions.
- Champion UDT attestations and Records Management, drive the Personal Securities Trading, Sensitive Roles and Consecutive leave designations
- Support the entry level programs (Interns/ Analysts) in manager and project alignments.
- Facilitate organizational construct changes, including MU updates, approval hierarchies, MDA changes, organizational announcements, etc.
- Mandatory training monitoring.
- Tracking of tasks assigned to the operational teams to ensure delivered in a timely manner in line with expectations and policy.
- Development and roll out of local policies, training material and procedures as required.
- Support the facilitation and coordination of the Policies and Procedure Forum (PPF).
- Ad hoc projects and tasks which are allocated by the Head of ASO Business Management and the Division Heads. May serve as a project lead, enlisting support from more junior staff or peers.
- Development of efficient and automated solutions in the areas of responsibilities set out above
Key Skills / Requirements
- Prepare and communicate status reports as relevant to all areas of the program of work and ensure the communication is appropriate depending on the audience.
- Conduct and participate as needed in any meetings and initiatives related to the program of work.
- Actively participate in cross-department & location management team meetings as required, taking, and directing ownership of relevant decisions & actions as appropriate.
- Promote an environment of open and clear communication and maintain a positive, constructive, and professional relationship with internal and external parties.
- Conduct regular One-to-One meetings with BM management, providing updates on relevant developments and updates on salient issues.
Management Information Deliverables
- Conducts analyses and reporting in support of general operations, special projects/initiatives and/or strategic/operational planning activities.
- Develop a clear understanding of and promote awareness within the BM team of all internal and client deliverables, and service expectations.
- Ensure any new business requirements and changes to the Operations are reflected accurately and correctly in MIS production.
- Develop automated solutions for the creation of MIS for internal and external distribution to reduce manual input errors.
- Where required arrange meetings with other departments to discuss MIS creation issues and service levels. Ensure minutes are kept documenting decisions and tracking action points.
- Sound technical understanding of Operational functions & products.
- Knowledge of implementing processes & systems, documentation & articulating requirements, and managing change & risk within an operations environment.
- The ability to project / program manage with a focus on cross-discipline process, technology, and service solutions.
- Understanding of Information Systems, data gathering, analysis, visualization, and the ability to communicate findings and propose improvements based on these analyses clearly and effectively.
- Advanced proficiency in using MS Office and other relevant business systems.
- Strong dashboard management.
- Leverage new technologies to tighten, improve and make more efficient BM controls, and streamline existing processes.
- Excellent organization, teamwork & leadership skills with the ability to manage, motivate and develop teams at all levels as well as direct and influence multiple work streams across locations.
- Excellent analytical, planning and time management skills. Proactive and focused attitude with the ability to perform and succeed under pressure, consistently meeting deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Strong presentation, negotiation and report writing skills with the ability to clearly articulate and record issues.
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to manage and bring issues to conclusion.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience and track record of management and delivery of programs of work covering multiple disciplines across multiple operations functions. 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Relevant experience in the investment funds industry
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?query=16124&pid=11625269&domain=bnymellon.com
122 total views, 0 today