Full-Time Architectural Technical Designer
Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
Who You Are
We are looking for a talented Architectural Technical Designer to join our Building Sciences Team. The role of Architectural Technical Designer requires strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, solid understanding of digital design and ability to work individually and collaboratively in a matrixed environment. This majority of this role will support design production and field work for all Building Envelope and Design Forward Construction Management projects. Under the supervision of licensed Architects, this person will assist in the production and documentation of building enclosure specifications and additional support for a variety of projects.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties
- Engage with and contribute to cross functional design team.
- Facilitate the development of design deliverables including drawing sets/reviews.
- Assure conformance with all applicable codes.
- Coordinate all areas of production work aligning with project design schedule.
- Provide Construction support services, as appropriate.
- Implement tasks as assigned per schedule, keeping project objectives and timeline in mind.
- Maintain knowledge of the contractual service requirements of prime and sub-contracts.
- Responsible for project plan entries and updates into internal data management systems.
- Drive to various job sites/offices.
- Associate degree, trade/technical school education or equivalent experience required.*
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in digital design and related fields (BIM) required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in production on a design team required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with Software including Bluebeam, Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Autodesk Construction Cloud and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to pass motor vehicle record check and comply with OAC’s motor vehicle policy.
*Foreign degree equivalent is acceptable.
Why Work for Us
At OAC we know we are not perfect; therefore, we are committed to continually looking for ways to grow and improve. We are committed to being known as a “best place to work”; in fact, it’s a strategic goal of ours that we are consistently analyzing and working on. We are dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and sense of belonging for all our employees, and we are committed to make better happen – for our employees, our clients, and our community. We pay all our employees equitably for substantially similar work and offer a total rewards package that is competitive. At the time of this job posting, the annual base pay for this role in the Seattle area is between $70,000-$85,000. Base pay is determined through analyzing various factors, including (but not limited to): location, skills, experience, education, knowledge, internal equity, industry indicators, external market factors, and the availability of skilled professionals in the area.
In addition to base pay, our benefits include:
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work arrangements (when feasible)
- Health benefits for both single employees and families that are above those generally provided by our peers
- 100% company paid coverage for employee medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and 70% premium coverage spouse/domestic partner and dependents
- The choice between two medical coverage options and two dental plans
- Company paid coverage for employees and dependents for on-demand primary medical care
- Health savings account with company contribution provided
- Health care, limited purpose, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short-term, long-term, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance plans
- Paid parental leave in addition to state parental leave benefits
- 401K retirement plan and up to 5% match of annual
- Commuting benefit for transit or parking costs
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Company purchased iPhone or monthly phone reimbursement
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Annual charitable donation matching
- Opportunity to purchase company stock when offered and eligible
- Paid professional development opportunities
- Voluntary AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Voluntary Norton LifeLock ID Theft Protection
- Generous paid time off including flexible personal holidays, vacation, and sick time
About the Firm
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC’s building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provide investigation, repair design, and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best in our industry. For the 4th year in a row, we made “The top 10 Best Workplaces in Washington” and continues to earn “Washington’s Best Companies to Work For” – Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with locations in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and Dallas.
The future is bright as we continue to expand – check out our website for more:
OAC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to **@oa*****.com.
How to ApplyPlease use this link to apply: Apply here
38 total views, 1 today