Life’s too short to work with jerks. At SPM, we live by that rule. No jerks means you work with clients and brands you trust in an atmosphere of mutual respect among agency leadership, team members and clients. Our SPM culture is creative, collaborative, people-first and inclusive, where you can do great work, enjoy your workdays, learn from each other and grow professionally and personally.
We are seeking candidates with previous communications internship experience for our 2023 Summer temp-to-hire apprentice position.
Our apprenticeship is an hourly paid position offering 40 hours per week of on-the-job training with meaningful contributions to client accounts. Following a three-month apprenticeship, if it’s a good fit on both sides, our goal is to extend an account coordinator position, which is a salaried opportunity with benefits. Including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K contributions and generous vacation time.
Applicants should have a strong desire to further develop skills in the areas of media relations, influencer campaigns, social media and account coordination. Our apprentices are cross-trained on a variety of accounts and industries, participate in creative brainstorming sessions and learn key skills to launch a career in communications.
You’re a great fit if:
- You recently received your bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism or a related communications field
- You’re completed at least one prior communications internship, with experience in media relations (list building, pitch writing, pitching, monitoring and measurement); influencer campaigns (research and vetting, outreach, contracting, etc.); or social media (maintaining content calendars, drafting captions, scheduling and posting content, photoshoots, editing
- You consider yourself organized, self-motivated, creative and a team player
- You thrive in high-energy environments and consider yourself a pro at multi-tasking
- You’re eager to learn and enjoy innovative thinking
- You love a good check list and can prioritize your workload
- You’re a grammar nerd who’s familiar with AP style and enjoys creative writing
- You’ve used PR measurement and media research tools, such as Critical Mention and Muck Rack
- You’re passionate about making impactful contributions to our clients
- You’re not a jerk! Applicants must embody our inclusive “No Jerks” SPM culture of respect, collaboration and inclusion. Our DEI work at SPM is fundamental to our people-first culture. Read more on our “Who We Are” page
To apply, please send your resume and two writing samples to Karina Green at Ka****@sp***************.com.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your resume and two writing samples to Karina Green at Karina@spmcommunications.com.
82 total views, 2 today