Full-Time Analyst Programmer 3 – Full Stack Developer
If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University.
Oregon State University Ecampus is seeking to fill one full-time Analyst Programmer, competency level 3, position for Ecampus at Oregon State University (OSU).
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative, and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The full-stack developer (analyst programmer, competency level 3) provides programming and multimedia support for OSU Ecampus’ course needs. The multimedia team is part of the Course Development and Training (CDT) unit within the division of Ecampus. The division is a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Open Educational Resources (open access online resources), and the Ecampus Research unit (conducts original research).
The CDT unit provides expertise and support for the development of online and hybrid courses, including instructional design services, innovative multimedia development, and faculty development programming and support. This position reports directly to the assistant director of CDT.
Within the CDT team, the full-stack developer will collaborate closely with other programmers on the multimedia web development team including instructional designers and faculty course developers to ensure high-quality projects are produced. This position works closely with faculty and administrators to assess how multimedia technologies can augment students’ abilities to meet course learning outcomes. Builds long term positive relationships and collaborates with faculty, instructors, and content experts to identify needs.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to those goals by designing learning environments that are inclusive, accessible, and follow the best practices of Universal Design for Learning.
Minimum (required) qualifications:
- This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
- Demonstrated skill in React and Redux.
- Demonstrated skill in backend development using Node.js
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing in a collaborative team environment
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
- Experience with Serverless (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with source control/version control systems (such as Git)
- Experience with designing responsive and accessible web applications
- Experience integrating with APIs (REST)
- Experience with Agile (scrum, kanban)
- Experience working with a diverse group of people/teams.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Compensation will be discussed when an offer is made to the successful candidate
How to ApplyFor more details and to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/95971 (posting #P02797CT)
Posting closes 12/14/20Applications will be reviewed based on the information submitted on the employment profile with education and work history along with any other requested documentation i.e. Posting specific question responses, transcripts, etc. Your profile MUST clearly show how you meet the minimum/required qualifications for the position. Resumes are NOT accepted at the application stage for classified staff positions. For additional information please contact: Danielle Franklin at Danielle.Franklin@oregonstate.edu.
603 total views, 0 today