Ableton is looking for an Americas Tax Specialist (d/f/m) to care for its business and corporate purpose by providing customized, optimal tax and corporate strategies. Through your innovative mindset and experience, you will contribute to the uniqueness of Ableton, providing sound, strong and practical solutions for both business and regulatory compliance. You will provide high-level preventative and remedial tax work in support of Ableton’s commitment to compliance, tax governance and global risk management. Your responsiveness, ethical decision-making, and professionalism will be key to building lasting partnerships, both within the Global Tax team and externally.
You will join a team of tax professionals within a broader 20+ person tax and finance team directly reporting to the Global Head of Tax. Relevant matters include meeting all statutory obligations for taxes on time in the region of the Americas, supporting US reporting obligations and implementing initiatives to create and protect tax value for Ableton.
You will support all facets of the Americas Tax Team, with special attention to the US, Canada and Mexico.
For this role, you’ll be able to work remotely from California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, or Washington. Depending on experience, the wage range for the role is between USD 48K and 60K a year.
- You ensure compliance with all tax obligations including, but not limited to, corporate tax, dividend withholding tax, withholding taxes on cross-border payments, and all other international and domestic tax laws deemed applicable.
- You support finance projects (supply chain, global employment and international personnel assignments) by advising on the specific Americas tax aspects. You monitor and advise leadership on the impacts of the proposed US tax legislation.
- You monitor and manage items which may lead to uncertain tax provisions or exposures.
- You collaborate with tax advisors to balance the interest of Ableton with the welfare of our stakeholders, clients and the broader music community. You negotiate audit settlements consistent with Ableton’s overall strategy and purpose.
- You assist with special projects including consultation and support on tax policies and procedures, to support tax and other cross-functional initiatives where appropriate.
- You provide support over indirect taxes such as sales/use tax or property tax.
- You have a bachelor degree in accounting or a graduate degree in tax or law.
- You have some experience with US tax compliance and/or other international aspects of taxation (i.e. permanent establishment assessment of non-US tax residents, tax treaty matters, and indirect tax) and are eager to develop your knowledge about these topics.
- You are comfortable in a dynamic, inclusive and diverse team, who value adaptability and developing strong relationships.
- You are eager to help the Finance Team make a real difference to our stakeholders and clients, and grow our practice.