Full-Time Air Environmental Engineer
£39,950 – £47,000 per annum (plus benefits)
As the Air Environmental Engineer you will work as part of the DE&S Airworthiness team, providing consultation to all platforms within the DE&S Air Environment (Air Support, Combat Air and Helicopters Operating Centres) with your broad environmental expertise across engineering.
You will be involved with the assurance and auditing of teams within the Air Environment to ensure regulations and policy are met, contributing to a risk-based assurance philosophy.
This is a dynamic role providing you the opportunity to utilise your specialist acquired knowledge and experience whilst working across multiple projects covering the majority of the UK military’s air inventory, from the Chinook helicopter to the A400M Atlas to Unmanned Air Systems and the F-35B Lightning II.
The Air Environmental Engineer post-holder’s responsibilities, whilst not exhaustive, shall include the following:
• Accountability for the assurance of environmental legislative, regulatory and policy compliance via oversight, surveillance, audit and analysis activities.
• Effective contribution to the wider Airworthiness team, developing risk-based assurance processes, through provision of carefully analysed and evidenced environmental insights.
• Working in liaison with the Operating Centres to establish and develop a significantly improved governance framework for environmental matters across the Air Environment.
• If required, supporting regulatory bodies in developing appropriate regulation, from which Air-specific environmental policy can be derived.
The following are essential attributes for success:
• Have a breadth of expertise across a range of topics within airworthiness and environmental aspects of air engineering and be fully conversant with environmental protection legislation and sustainable procurement objectives.
• Have demonstrable experience of leading an audit team.
• Be proficient in identifying shortfalls in safety processes and determining best means of resolution, with a demonstrable history of successful problem-solving.
• Have a minimum of a Level 4 NQF in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
The following would be desirable:
• Be an experienced practitioner of environmental compliance within a Defence context.
• Be adept at translating findings from audit and oversight activities to meaningful insights at platform, Delivery Team, OC and pan-environment levels.
• Have operated at either Senior Engineer Officer (SEngO) / Air Engineer Officer (AEO) level within a military Front-Line Command, or have held and exercised a DE&S Letter of Airworthiness Authority, or have held a position with equivalent Airworthiness responsibilities.
• Be comfortable leading and managing diverse stakeholder groups of a multi-disciplinary nature.
• Be Professionally Registered to at least Incorporated Engineer level.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with plenty of opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service on or after 5 October 2018 may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About DE&S and your team
The force behind the armed forces, DE&S is a highly specialised, branch of the MoD, operating with a budget of £178 billion over the next 10 years. From the procurement of aircraft carriers to the provision of food, we ensure our armed forces have the equipment and support they need to achieve their operations. We employ over 12,000 people across more than 150 locations around the world.
Cutting-edge engineering and science is a critical component in delivering modern, battle-winning technologies to all branches of the armed forces. Engineering is the largest business area within DE&S – and it’s one of the most fulfilling too. From managing technical risks, engineering resources and services, to defining and assuring best practice, our engineers are exemplars both within DE&S and our industry partners and professional bodies.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Please find ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ attached or click here
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
How to ApplyFollow link to apply Please click here to apply
105 total views, 3 today