Full-Time Administrative Specialist I – NEW HIGHER PAY!
- Perform office administration tasks to support our administrative, program, and technical operations.
- Coordinate project administration activities related to data entry, certified payrolls, records review, iPad management, technician training, and SharePoint entry.
- Communicate with contractors, NCDOT staff, and the public to provide effective and helpful customer service by email, phone, and written correspondence.
- Review and schedule classes and assessments with our Materials and Tests unit.
- Order equipment for project inspection, sampling, and testing.
- Conduct records, reports, and filing activities.
- Perform reception duties answering the phone and directing calls to appropriate staff.
- Process and approve time entry/payroll, process invoices, maintain purchase order contracts and accounts payable using our online SAP database.
- Create requisitions, travel expense vouchers, HiCams entries, and do Human Resources administration.
- Perform HR duties including learning/using all policies and procedures, processing all actions for the department’s hiring process, Family Medical Leave Act, retirements, and separations.
- Ensure training compliance for the office by maintaining records and certifications of personnel.
- Process all certified payroll for contracts including collecting, checking, scanning, and filing.
- Perform typing correspondence, filing, and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain knowledge of current project workloads and daily activities assigned to the Resident Engineer’s office.
- Customer service experience, including resolving customer issues.
- Experience completing and/or maintaining records and reports and interpreting/explaining policies, procedures, and laws.
- Experience with letter writing, using correct spelling, punctuation, and proofreading.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and operation of office equipment.
- Excellent computer software skills and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and online databases (e.g., Beacon, NeoGov, Service Now, HiCams, SAP, and DocuSign).
- Great communication skills to communicate effectively in written, electronic, and verbal forms using correct grammar and spelling to compose, update and proofread correspondence when completing forms, letters, and reports, and to communicate with engineers, coworkers and the public.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate appointments and meetings.
- Strong math and vocabulary/grammar skills for proofreading correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings, and conferences.
- Excellent composition skills, attention to detail, and need for consistency with data entry and correspondence.
- Ability to work in an inside environment including being exposed to significant sitting for long periods of time.
- Strength to lift 25 pounds.
- Driving skills to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Customer service experience (over telephone, personal, and electronic).
- A Driver’s License.
- High school/GED diploma, and
- 2+ years of related administrative experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/3yfvnpy2
308 total views, 0 today