Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Are you ready for an amazing opportunity to join an innovative agency and make positive change in your
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Who is Youth Services?
Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of Vermont community since 1972. Our mission: working together to build resilience and be a catalyst for change. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace.
How will I make a difference?
The Administrative Assistant plays a key role in Youth Services’ mission to support youth and families to thrive in their communities. The Administrative Assistant position is central to the daily operations of the agency. This position is responsible for providing a welcoming and inclusive experience for youth and families, volunteers, donors, community members etc., while greeting people at the reception desk and on the phone during office hours, as well as agency-wide administrative duties. Must be able to maintain strong working relationships with agency staff and meet customer needs. This position is housed within the Administrative department and works closely with the Administrative & HR Manager, Director of Development and Communications, and Director of Administrative Services.
● Identify unexpressed customer needs and potential solutions to meet those needs
● Ensure that every contact with Youth Services is supportive and respectful
Administrative Duties including but not limited to:
● Answer telephone and greet clients
● Data entry for agency databases.
● Coordinate maintenance of building, groundskeeping, and agency vehicles
● Assist with events, including maintaining registration lists
Bookkeeping functions including but not limited to:
● Prepare vouchers and expense allocations to programs/cost centers
● Prepare and process vendors checks for payment
● Log deposits and take to bank for processing
Can I see myself here?
We have found that our staff at Youth Services succeed when they:
● Think systemically
● Value feedback
● Are highly organized
● Are passionate about justice and believe that everyone deserves to have their needs met
● Value collaboration that comes from working on a team
● Are tenacious problem-solvers
● Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas
● Can change priorities quickly
Applicants should ideally have the following skills:
● Proficient in computer operations: word processing, database entry, and spreadsheets. Knowledge of and experience with Google Workplace is ideal.
● Understanding of accounting systems and experience performing basic bookkeeping services
● Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and respectful manner
● Ability to work under pressure and be flexible
● Ability to work cordially and cooperatively with others
How can I be considered for the position?
You can be considered for this position if you meet the following qualifications:
● High School diploma or GED preferred.
● Previous reception, customer service, or bookkeeping experience is ideal.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Hu************@yo**************.org by September 22, 2023. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
This position is full-time at 37.5 hours per week.
Compensation: $17/hr and comprehensive benefits.
Youth Services works in partnership with United Nurses & Allied Professionals, Local 5050, and this position is included in the collective bargaining agreement
How to ApplyTo Apply: Send resume and cover letter to HumanResources@youthservicesinc.org by September 22, 2023. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. This position is full-time at 37.5 hours per week. Compensation: $17/hr and comprehensive benefits. Youth Services works in partnership with United Nurses & Allied Professionals, Local 5050, and this position is included in the collective bargaining agreement.
34 total views, 1 today