Part-Time Adjunct Professor – Early Childhood Education Practicums
Adjunct Professor – Early Childhood Education Practicums
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Adjunct
Job Number: AdjProfECE
Location: Kirkland, WA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
About The College
Located just outside of Seattle, WA, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949, and is the only public institute of technology in Washington State, that provides students with the latest cutting edge skills relevant to today’s workplace. LWTech offers ten applied bachelor’s degrees, more than 40 associate degrees and 93 professional certificates, in 43 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
LWTech serves the Eastside and is located within the city of Kirkland, which is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Washington. Kirkland is home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics and EvergreenHealth, and the college is within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is seeking qualified part-time instructors for the early childhood education program. Successful applicants should expect to teach ECE theory, practical application and plan and monitor lab/practicum responsibilities. This program has evening and Saturday class offerings in the hyflex format. Practicum classes require Instructor in person visits to student practicum sites at least one time per student per quarter.http://www.lwtech.edu/academics/early-childhood-ed/
This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for current part-time faculty vacancies. The college hires part-time faculty on a quarter by quarter basis, dependent on enrollment. If you’re selected for an interview for a current or potential future vacancy, a college representative will contact you.
• Plan and develop a variety of sequential instructional learning objectives and experiences appropriate to the course and program outcomes and goals
• Teach to the objectives of the approved curriculum in hyfex format
• Identify individual learning needs of students and make appropriate adjustments in program delivery; teach productive and constructive study skills to students
• Develop and teach lessons that foster and support cultural diversity and non-discrimination
• Develop and implement classroom and lab procedures consistent with college and program policies and procedures; use and document appropriate assessment tools for all assignments and lab experiences
• Maintain appropriate records related to student progress and that meet college requirements
• Follow disciplinary procedures as prescribed by the college and deal consistently and fairly with all students
• Design learning experiences to support the multiple learning needs of adult students through class lecture, individual instruction, online learning management systems, and self-directed learning
• Post the class syllabus and students’ grades via the online course system (currently Canvas)
• Use Ctclink (LionsLink) to submit official grades, maintain personal information, accept contracts, etc
• Conduct in-person visits to observe student application of course content and outcomes at least one time per quarter, per student at their place of employment/parcticum site
• Master’s degree in early childhood education, human development, or related field required
• Four years’ related work experience in a full-day program that serves children birth to 12 years
• ECE college-level teaching experience required
• Knowledge of Department of Early Learning regulations related to child care; knowledge of M.E.R.I.T. and Early Achievers
• Valid First Aid/CPR card for infants and young children current food handlers’ permit, and AIDS/HIV/bloodborne pathogens training required prior to employment
• Proof of negative TB test within the last 6 months of hire required and satisfactory completion of criminal history investigation required before first day of employment
• Ability to use computer technology as a component of instructional delivery required, with willingness to learn and integrate the college’s online learning management system into content delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations
• Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
• Previous experience with an online course system (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle) preferred
• Reliable transportation/current drivers license and ability to travel to various child care centers and family homes
CompensationPlacement on the faculty salary schedule is based on an individual assessment of education and experience. The salary for part time faculty contracts shall be based upon the number of credits assigned the faculty member, the type of class taught, and the rates contained in the part time faculty salary schedule currently in effect and labeled Appendix B.
Step A ranges from $675.36 – $2.026.08
Step B ranges from $710.74 – $2,132.22
Step C ranges from $775.27 – $2,175.93
Step D ranges from $795.04 – $2,385.12
Step E ranges from $795.04 – $2,385.12
Once part-time faculty have worked 50% full-time or more for two consecutive quarters(with LWTech or combined with other community/technical colleges), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and other insurance benefits are provided as currently administered under Public Employees Benefits Board, State Retirement Plan and a Deferred Compensation Plan; sick leave accrues at 1 day (Prorated based on % of FTE) effective upon employment. Employees have access to bereavement leave, employee assistance program, free tuition ( 50% of FT or more for two consecutive quarters), reduced child care costs at our Early Learning Center, reduced Bus Fare, professional development opportunities and more! For further details on the benefits offered at LWTech, please visit: https://www.lwtech.edu/about/human-resources/benefits/
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
• Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment
• Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal Authorization to work.
Physical/Mental Requirements Ability to perform range of physical motions; lifting and carrying; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; and traversing up and down stairs.
Disability Accommodation LWTech follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
• Ability to operate office equipment
• Ability to read and verify data and prepare various materials
• Ability to exchange information on the phone or in person
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in is programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Vice President of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, Lake Washington Institute of Technology(LWTech) reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. LWTech’s Annual Safety Report (ASR) is available online at https://www.lwtech.edu/about/campus-safety/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the LWTech Safety Department located in the East Building at 11605 132nd Avenue NE Kirkland, WA 98034.Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or is currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant’s current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete this form.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4105059
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4105059
86 total views, 1 today