Part-Time Adjunct Faculty – Education Paraeducator
Adjunct Faculty – Education Paraeducator
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Adjunct
Job Number: 23AdFac25
Location: Kirkland, WA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Located just outside of Seattle, WA, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949, and is the only public institute of technology in Washington State, that provides students with the latest cutting edge skills relevant to today’s workplace. LWTech offers ten applied bachelor’s degrees, more than 40 associate degrees and 93 professional certificates, in 43 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
LWTech serves the Eastside and is located within the city of Kirkland, which is situated on the eastern shore of Lake Washington. Kirkland is home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics and EvergreenHealth, and the college is within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo.
Learn more about LWTech’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Core Theme
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is seeking qualified part-time instructors for the Education Paraeducator, AAS-T Program. Successful applicants should expect to teach education courses related to the role of a paraeducator, special education, and public school systems. Instruction will include practical application of course content, monitoring practicum work, and feedback about the student’s progress. This program has evening and Saturday class offerings in the hyflex format. The program includes practicum classes that require instructors to complete in-person visits to each student’s practicum sites in public school settings at least one time per quarter.
View information on the Education Paraeducator Program https://www.lwtech.edu/academics/education-paraeducator/
This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for current part-time faculty vacancies. The college hires part-time faculty on a quarter by quarter basis, dependent on enrollment. If you’re selected for an interview for a current or potential future vacancy, a college representative will contact you.
• Plan and develop a variety of sequential instruction approaches to meet course objectives and provide learning experiences appropriate to the course description and outcomes.
• Design and apply effective instructional strategies to teach the approved curriculum in the hyflex format.
• Identify individual learning needs of students and make appropriate adjustments to course delivery; embed productive and constructive study skills into the course to increase student success.
• Develop and teach content with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in education
• Develop and implement appropriate assessment tools to document student progress with assignments, and practicum work.
• Maintain appropriate records related to student progress that meet college requirements and communicate grades to students on a regular basis.
• Follow disciplinary procedures as prescribed by the college and deal consistently and fairly with all students
• Design and implement instruction related to the learning needs of diverse groups of students, individualized instruction, online learning management systems, and self-directed learning.
• Post the class syllabus, course assignments, and students’ grades via the online learning management system (currently Canvas).
• Use LionsLink by CTC Link to submit official grades, maintain personal information, accept employee contracts, etc.
• Provide feedback about the course content to the lead faculty and continue to update courses with current information and resources as needed.
• Conduct in-person visits to observe each student and their application of course content at least one time per quarter at their practicum site (employment or volunteer work in public school settings).
• Bachelor’s degree in education, special education, and/or related field; or a combination of education and work experience to meet the instructional skills needed for the course. Preferred: Master’s degree in education, special education, and/or related field
• Three years of experience working in public school settings as a paraeducator, special education teacher, and/or training paraeducators.
• Knowledge of special education services and effective strategies for working with diverse groups of learners from early learning to grade 12+/adult transition in public school settings.
• Able to meet OSPI and specific school volunteer requirements including a background check.
• Ability to use computer technology as a component of instructional delivery required, and a willingness to learn and integrate the college’s online learning management system into content delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations
• Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
• Previous experience with an online course system (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodie) preferred
• Reliable transportation/current driver’s license and ability to travel to various public school practicum sites
CompensationPlacement on the faculty salary schedule is based on an individual assessment of education and experience. The salary for part time faculty contracts shall be based upon the number of credits assigned the faculty member, the type of class taught, and the rates contained in the part time faculty salary schedule currently in effect and labeled Appendix B.Step A ranges from $735.47 – $2,026.41Step B ranges from $774.00 – $2,322.00Step C ranges from $789.87 – $2,369.58Step D ranges from $844.26 – $2,532.78Step E ranges from $865.79 – $2,712.96BenefitsOnce part-time faculty have worked 50% full-time or more for two consecutive quarters(with LWTech or combined with other community/technical colleges), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and other insurance benefits are provided as currently administered under Public Employees Benefits Board, State Retirement Plan and a Deferred Compensation Plan; sick leave accrues at 1 day (Prorated based on % of FTE) effective upon employment. Employees have access to bereavement leave, employee assistance program, free tuition ( 50% of FT or more for two consecutive quarters), reduced child care costs at our Early Learning Center, reduced Bus Fare, professional development opportunities and more! For further details on the benefits offered at LWTech, please visit: https://www.lwtech.edu/about/human-resources/benefits/ CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
• Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment
• Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATIONIf you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal Authorization to work.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Vice President of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, Lake Washington Institute of Technology(LWTech) reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. LWTech’s Annual Safety Report (ASR) is available online at https://www.lwtech.edu/about/campus-safety/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the LWTech Safety Department located in the East Building at 11605 132nd Avenue NE Kirkland, WA 98034.Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or is currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant’s current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete this form.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4581309
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4581309
40 total views, 1 today