Full-Time Accountant III
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Prepare standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports, account reconciliations) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other regulatory requirements. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries into accounts, such as general ledger acc ounts, and document business transactions. Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures. May specialize in various accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, billing, consolidations, etc.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Uses financial data to prepare and record general ledger journal entries.
* Prepares cash and balance sheet account reconciliations for multiple sets of financial statements.
* Analyzes the financial statements and provides concise explanations for variances.
* Researches period over period variances in revenue, cost of sales, and expense and provides logical explanations for the fluctuations.
* Prepares self-reporting invoices for enhancement and insurance type activities.
* Identifies, researches & resolves all issues related to daily functions.
* Conducts business analysis, with ability to design, implement and manage projects & process improvements related to cash management, treasury workstation and accounting initiatives.
* Identifies efficiencies & recommends enhancements to management.
* Prepares weekly & monthly management reports.
* Works with internal/external auditors as needed.
* Documents and/or updates policies and procedures as needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of budgeting, cash management and financial analysis processes
* Ability to understand accounting and financial processes, methodologies, concepts and have good knowledge of GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting issues
* Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
* Knowledge of data mining and data and statistical analysis tools, practices and procedures
* Knowledge of accounting systems
* Skill in the use of 10-key adding machine, computer and general office tools
* Ability to create complex spreadsheets and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Access, accounting and data mining/reporting software
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to prepare financial reports, create complex data models and business processes
* Ability to understand financial information
* Ability to work within a budget
* Ability to work with all levels of managers throughout the company in analyzing financial situations
* Ability to maintain work priorities in an environment with multiple concurrent tasks and projects
* Ability to handle stressful situations
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Ability to work in an organized manner and consistently follow-up on tasks
* Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Advanced professional level role. Works independently on many accounting projects as a project team member, more frequently as a project leader. Works on large, complex accounting issues or projects that require increased skill. Requires extensive knowledge of accounting methodologies and techniques. May manage or serve as a project leader for accounting projects. May coach more junior staff. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and four (4) years of related accounting experience or at least two (2) years as a public accountant from a reputable international or national public accounting firm. CPA preferred.
Black Knight is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2ZyaWVkZXJpY2guMTMxMjAuMTA1OTRAYmxhY2trbmlnaHRmaW4uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
23 total views, 1 today