Full-Time 43527 SUPERVISOR, FACILITY OPERATIONS
EAST HIGH SCHOOL, Central
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $59,355 – $71,923
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for the day to day stability of a specific unit within the department. Directs and monitors the work effort of others to ensure the team operates smoothly and efficiently.
This position is directly responsible for daily leadership and management of building custodial operations for Denver Public Schools and is the direct contact for site-based principal(s) for facility issues to include oversight and management of school operations and employee matters at the schools.
– Ensures completion of daily activities; directs and supports the team’s work efforts, maximizes productivity and achieves short term goals. Improves the team environment; plans, evaluates, and guides the behaviors of direct reports.
– Decides how work gets completed, based on what work is prioritized by management. Sets the team up for success by establishing: goals, action plans, deadlines, and standards. Tactfully assigns work to the team according to aptitude, skills, work load and interests.
– Closely tracks efforts to confirm work is performed according to standards; checks progress, evaluates accuracy, discovers deviations and identifies solutions.
– Leads and influences the team’s best work by serving as an escalation point, solving routine problems, preventing conflicts, and giving direct feedback. Provides instruction and guidance to ensure full understanding of designated activities.
– Provides ongoing opportunities to help improve daily work skills; educates new team members, hosts meetings, mentors, and allows showcase of strengths. Ensures compliance with district by implementing and enforcing standard practices and procedures.
– Maintains a close relationship and regularly discusses workload and deadlines with the team. Report status to team members and managers, including cost, scope, quality, time, performance, and output to create a positive team atmosphere and keep everyone informed.
Depending on specific assignment, may perform some or all of the following:
– Responsible for staffing including screening, interviewing, hiring and onboarding new building operations employees including training in order to develop a diverse base of talent for the district.
– Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of Board of Education policies and all other applicable district and departmental procedures and enforce all policies as required.
– Coordinates compliance in special areas of regulatory compliance.
– Manage campus personnel including leadership employee performance reviews, corrective actions, and hiring according to Human Resource guidelines. Could also manage personnel at other campus’ as necessary at the direction of the Area Manager.
– Participates in Unemployment Hearings, Arbitration Hearings, Due Diligence Fact Finding Investigations, and termination hearings as outlined in Basic Fairness and reasonable suspicion related to drugs and alcohol.
– Responsible for coordinating and directing an effective and responsive in-house and/or contracted capability for emergency and requirements at multiple schools and support facilities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Respond to emergencies and situations on 24/7 call basis related to catastrophes and other emergencies which could inhibit the next day use of an assigned site.
– Set strategic direction of district building operations activities at assigned campus related to the cleaning, grounds care, and minor maintenance of District facilities.
– Serve as primary point-of-contact for site based Principals for facility issues and questions. Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with administrators, faculty, and other groups as needed to resolve issues or coordinate activities. Acts also as a primary point of contact to staff of the various schools co-located in shared campuses and other campus entities.
– Assist in the development, implementation, control, and distribution of Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices, standards, methodologies and metrics associated with assignments. Provide regular activity and status reports to DPS management and staff on building conditions and quality assurance results at assigned Campus. Conducts Quality Assurance inspections at assigned campus, other department managed schools utilizing contracted services or Innovative/contract schools to ensure district standards are being met by site managed custodial programs.
– Manage building operations budget for assigned campus ensuring effective fiscal management and oversight of the building operations, supply, and over-time budget accounts.
– Instructs multiple formalized training courses in personnel management, technology, and business practices.
– Develop and maintain informational databases to support the missions of departments, as assigned.
– Purchases materials and equipment for building operations duties; meet with vendors and evaluate new products and equipment; requisition a wide variety of chemicals, tools, supplies, and equipment for use at multiple sites.
– Collects, reviews, and processes financial information and creates necessary financial reports for area assigned. Maintains and establishes all aspects of financial records, ensuring accurate and timely processing developed with input from Building Managers and staff. Prepares and completes an integrated budget including all funds available to each assigned site.
– Ensure campus leaders and occupants are providing physical safety and security at assigned facility; including ensuring proper adherence to maintenance of fire/security alarms by campus leaders, and emergency lighting. Is responsible for the coordination and adherence of safety procedures such as fire drills, lock downs, and shelter in place. Responsible for ensuring safety instruction occurs and preparedness relating to Emergency Response Crisis Management procedures.
Physical & Environmental Conditions:
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Five (5) or more years of related experience (to include supervisory experience) is required without a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– One (1) or more years of demonstrated experience performing in a customer service oriented environment in compliance with established human resource and departmental policies.
– One (1) or more years of experience in minor Project Management.
– Ability to motivate and influence others.
– Ability to effectively lead a team.
– Ability to set goals, work independently and drive results.
– Self-starter/leader who can anticipate department needs in a proactive (versus, reactive) manner.
– Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work with individuals at all different levels in the organization.
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
– Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Outstanding facilitation and communication skills, including ability to inspire others.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Strong knowledge of modern cleaning methods, including methods of cleaning and preserving floors, carpets, furniture, walls and fixtures, cleaning equipment, tools, materials, and supplies used in custodial work.
– Strong knowledge of and experience in safely and properly operating heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and basic building maintenance.
– Strong knowledge of modern operational service task standards, methods of building maintenance operations, machinery and equipment used in maintenance operations, and proper storage methods for equipment and supplies.
– Knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations related to assigned activities, including health and safety and all state and federal employment laws.
– Strong attention to detail and good record-keeping techniques.
– Excellent time management skills and demonstrated successful experience planning and organizing work activities to meet deadlines.
– Ability to work flexible schedule, to include 24 hours on-call as required.
– Familiarity with HTML and web design tools and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
– Must have a valid driver’s license, meet the District’s insurability standards, and have an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– High School Diploma/equivalent is required.
– Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
The Custodial Operations Division is an essential component in supporting the educational mission of DPS. Our team provides the essential elements necessary to maintain a safe, clean, and functional environment for every student, staff, and community member. We demonstrate and seek a wide variety of skilled individuals with leadership, organizational, problem solving, mechanical, and detail orientated characteristics. The potential for career advancement within our division is ample; we provide and support training in all aspects of operations. Custodial Operation’s strives to develop our employees to become next generation managers and leaders. Join our team and become a member of a respected support division which prides itself in quality and commitment.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyPlease use the following link to apply: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=4U4
58 total views, 1 today