Full-Time 43008 SENIOR SPECIALIST, CLIENT TECHNOLOGIES
EMILY GRIFFITH TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $59,355 – $71,923
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Provides on-site, online and phone-based computer assistance and technical support to customers using District systems, in a tiered support environment. Configures, installs, monitors and maintains IT users’ desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce. Provides senior level consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing. May lead computer support personnel as assigned.
– Troubleshoot Mac and PC clients and servers hardware components and peripherals (e.g., peripherals, external storage devices), and non-computer devices (e.g., printers, Promethean boards, N-Computing systems) in schools and administrative buildings.
– Install RAM memory, hard drives, CD/DVD drives and peripherals.
– Consult with users and provide advice on technology strategies and hardware purchases.
– Prepare Dell “E-quotes” using the Dell Premier web site (premier.dell.com) and Apple quoates for client and server computers.
– Pick up and deliver technology equipment to and from facilities as necessary.
– Organize and facilitate the movement of technology equipment and users for large-scale facility moves (school openings and closures, department moves, etc.).
– Install, configure, and provide basic user training for enterprise software (e.g., e-mail, student information systems, DPS-hosted and non-DPS-hosted web-based applications, web browsers, office productivity suites), current Apple and Microsoft client operating systems, and virtualized operating systems (e.g. Windows running virtually on a Mac, an older version of Windows running virtually on a PC inside a newer version)
– Test software programs, enterprise systems and web applications
– Identify problems with enterprise software in a timely and accurate manner; develops solutions, working intensively with other departments (Systems, Networking, Programming, etc.).
– Install and troubleshoot client-based and client-server-based student educational software and systems.
– Optimize operating system settings for maximum computer performance and usability.
– Assist with end-user maintenance tasks, such as hard drive defragmentation and user file backup to the NAS (network-attached storage) home folder.
– Identify LAN and WAN networking problems (across all 8 layers of network topology), and escalate problems to the Network team in a timely and accurate manner.
– Configure network printers with the proper TCP/IP settings (e.g., IP address, subnet mask).
– Perform continuous real-time updates, completions, and (if necessary) escalations of all service-request tickets, using SQL-based CRM (customer relations management) system.
– Oversee account creation and deletion, password resets, user security and environment configuration (e.g. setting the user’s home folder, display name, etc.).
– Troubleshoot and provide basic user training in specific areas of the student information system (grading, attendance, household information, etc.).
– Work proactively with school leadership on strategies and best practices in specific areas of the student information system, such as scheduling of classes.
– Develop queries and filters for data mining of specific information in student information systems.
– Develop HTML and Microsoft SharePoint web page, primarily as a platform for documentation and software downloads.
– Develop scripts for automation of repetitive tasks (e.g., LDAP object creation/deletion, printer assignments for client computers).
– Develop remote support applications (such as LANDesk) for software push functionality.
– Develop PC and Mac disk images and deployment strategies for automation of operating system installation.
– Develop documentation (on-line and hard-copy) for software applications and enterprise systems (e.g., use guides, quick-reference guides, training videos).
– Provide continuous real-time verbal and written communication of software and hardware news, issues and problems to all CRM (customer relations management) team members, LMS (learning management system) & SIS (student information system) team members.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Typically has three (3) to five (5) years of IT work experience in supporting desktop software and hardware.
– Previous experience supporting diverse user groups in an education environment preferred.
– Experience handling confidential information with a high degree of integrity.
– Skillful attention to detail and accuracy.
– Experience discussing and resolving issues at a technical or non-technical level, depending on the audience.
– Proven experience and skills to quickly learn new systems and applications.
– Experience troubleshooting, isolating and diagnosing problems.
– Knowledge of a variety of software and applications: Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, PC and Mac office productivity suites, web browsers, educational apps, enterprise apps, and web apps. PC and Mac hardware, printers, peripherals, specialized hardware systems (e.g., NComputing systems, Promethean boards).
– Knowledge of and Mac servers, virtual PC servers, enterprise systems (particularly the student information system, learning management systems and customer relationship management systems).
– Knowledge of network connectivity, network device configuration and troubleshooting.
– Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
– Ability to converse in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to discuss issues at a technical or non-technical level, depending on the audience.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments.
– Ability to read and interpret relevant manuals and information and to understand and troubleshoot a variety of programming techniques.
– Ability to interpret, adapt and occasionally deviate from established practices and procedures for new situations and problems.
– Ability to work independently, make decisions and complete assignments.
– Ability to plan, prioritize and organize project work, at times with interruptions.
– Provide own reliable transportation to perform work across multiple campuses.
– Ability to work an on-call flexible work schedule 24 hours a day seven days a week.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
About Emily Griffith Technical College
Emily Griffith Technical College, a division of Denver Public Schools, is Colorado’s most unique public college. We offer an extensive curriculum including nearly 50 certificate programs and 500 courses. We have established a reputation for being one of the region’s most diverse learning environments assisting more than 1.6 million students since our inception.
The Emily Griffith Technical College was founded nearly 100 years ago, and we still use the motto coined by Emily Griffith herself: For all who wish to learn and expand their horizons and chart their own course for success. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share the DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team at Emily Griffith Technical College and make an impact at a great organization!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyPlease use the following link to apply: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=4I1
111 total views, 1 today