Full-Time 42905 SENIOR ARCHITECT, SYSTEMS
DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DOTS)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $88,799 – $111,000
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Applies engineering principles, techniques and scientific methods in a specific area of expertise (building, construction, technology, etc.). Responsible for solving technical problems and discovering new ways to improve the districts systems, infrastructures, processes and operations.
Is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, students, and Partners. Specifically, this position will be responsible for all Enterprise systems, including all Microsoft technologies, server technologies, application delivery and security, data center architecture, storage, clustering technologies and database technologies. Responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance, and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
– Determine the most effective utilization of assets and services (capital, equipment, facilities, and systems) to maximize product and output. Improve efficiencies by planning, studying requirements, researching, and producing.
– Reviews business needs, defines problems or opportunities, examines materials (charts, blueprints, drawings, technical specifications, etc.), formulate ideas, and selects solution approach. Plans and conducts research, devises studies, and keeps abreast of industry changes, new developments and technologies through publications. Defines and considers key scoping variables, such as: costs, resources, time, limitations, economic factors, etc.
– Reviews specifications and evaluates effectiveness of cost, reliability and safety by in-depth analysis of work flow, utilization, causation, quality output, risks, and production.
– Ensures efficient implementation of solutions, systems, and processes according to functional specification. Produces final designs, builds and maintains new solutions, monitors upgrades and modifications.
– Provides ongoing opportunities to help improve daily work skills; educates new team members, hosts meetings, mentors, and allows showcase of strengths. Ensures compliance with district by implementing and enforcing standard practices and procedures.
– Maintains a close relationship and regularly discusses workload and deadlines with the team. Report status to team members and managers, including cost, scope, quality, time, performance, and output to create a positive team atmosphere and keep everyone informed.
– Architect solutions for various project and operational needs. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
– Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
– Contribute to and maintain system standards.
– Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
– Perform periodic performance and metric reporting to support capacity planning.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– At least 5 years of infrastructure system experience with proven expertise in UCS
– At least 5 years of Experience with VMware vSphere Clusters, including vCenter.
– At least 3 years of experience with database technologies including MSSQL
– Proven experience in system security, including server hardening and database security.
– Demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages including Powershell, Python, etc.
– Experience utilizing Git or another version control system preferred.
– Experience utilizing an enterprise monitoring solution.
– Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) and how they interact with UCS and VMware..
– Proven experience and skills to quickly learn new systems and applications.
– Experience working with a Software Defined Network such as Cisco ACI.
– Experience developing a disaster recovery plan.
– Experience troubleshooting, isolating and diagnosing problems.
– Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Knowledge of Google Suite products.
– Effective communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
– The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
– Work collaboratively with others on a team.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
– Effective time management and organizational skills.
– Deep knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies.
– Ability to converse in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to discuss issues at a technical or non-technical level, depending on the audience.
– Ability to share knowledge, job duties and responsibilities with subordinates, peers and leadership.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments.
– Ability to contribute to a positive and cohesive DoTS team.
– Ability to read and interpret relevant manuals and information and to understand and troubleshoot a variety of programming techniques.
– Ability to interpret, adapt and occasionally deviate from established practices and procedures for new situations and problems.
– Ability to work independently, make decisions and complete assignments.
– Ability to plan, prioritize and organize project work, at times with interruptions.
– Position requires after hours, on call, and weekend support.
– Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist (Cisco UCS), F5 Certified Technology Specialist or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related education required.
– Master’s Degree preferred.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyPlease use this link to apply: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=4F5
86 total views, 1 today