Full-Time 40847 OFFICER, PATROL
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Traditional 245 work days per year
Salary Range: $22.37 – $26.65 per hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
This is an armed and uniformed security patrol officer position with a basic function of providing a secure environment for the students, staff and visitors of all Denver Public Schools and facilities and to protect all District property.
– Conduct security patrols of all Denver Public School District schools and facilities as assigned. Provide stationary security post duties as assigned.
– Respond to all calls directed to them by either the communications dispatchers or supervisory and management personnel of the Security Department. Conduct investigations of security matters.
– Enforce all School District rules and regulations and local, state, and federal laws and ordinances on District properties.
– Challenge trespassers, loiterers, errant vehicle operators and all others who create a safety and security risk to students and staff and threaten the overall security and integrity of the physical assets and property of the District.
– Apprehend and detain persons suspected of criminal activity on District properties within state, federal and local regulations.
– Insure that security supervisory and management personnel are notified in a proper and timely manner of breaches of security occurring on District properties or of information received that may create a security risk for District properties.
– Originate and file written reports utilizing computer aided reporting systems, regarding activities and incidents occurring on District properties and intelligence information received pertaining to security or criminal activity on properties or within the community.
– Develop close interaction and communication with all other members of the Security Department and law enforcement agencies.
– Exercise proper care and maintenance of all District owned or leased equipment including vehicles assigned to or utilized for duty.
– Insure the maintenance and good working order of DPS authorized firearms and maintain a high level of proficiency in the proper use of authorized weapons.
– Conform to all uniform, weapons, safety and Department requirements and those required by licensing authorities of the City and County of Denver, the state of Colorado and Federal agencies.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
The role of Patrol Officer requires shift rotation, it is a three shift operation (24/7). Qualified candidates must be available to work all three shifts throughout the school year rotation.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) is preferred – Current peace officer certification not required.
– Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
– Previous security or law enforcement experience is preferred.
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
– Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
– Must be able to obtain and maintain all required licenses issued by the City and County of Denver and /or a Denver Police Special Police Officer authorization.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s License. Driving record must meet the District’s insurability requirements at hire and during employment.
– CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
– Ability to qualify for and maintain a concealed weapons permit issued in compliance with State of Colorado statutes.
– Maintain all licenses and certifications required now or in the future.
– Ability to mitigate potentially volatile situations and work with a diverse population.
– Possess high level of knowledge of criminal justice system, local, state, and federal laws and ordinances and the ability to work closely with all persons responsible for enforcement.
– Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough criminal and internal investigations, including interviews and interrogations of victims and witnesses, recognition and collection of evidence, and accurate report writing and documentation of information received.
– Extreme familiarity with the geographic boundaries of the School District and an excellent a good working knowledge of all building locations.
– Become familiar with and maintain knowledge of all facilities burglary intrusion and fire alarms systems.
– Ability to exercise proper care and maintenance of all equipment assigned to or utilized for duty.
– Ability to apply independent thinking to decision making within confines of established procedures.
– Possess high degree of positive work and professional ethics; must maintain a well groomed physical appearance.
– Be available during off duty time for callback due to emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
– Ability to work under stressful conditions.
– High School Diploma or GED.
– Post secondary education in criminal justice or related field is preferred.
The Safety and Security team strives to promote safe school communities by emphasizing Safety, Service and Enforcement. The Department provides a wide range of services that include armed patrol response, school based security, dispatch and communications, investigations, emergency preparedness, system specialists and administration. Our officers work closely with the Denver Police Department to ensure our schools remain safe for students and staff to learn and thrive. We incorporate the DPS Shared Values of Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun in everything we do and constantly look for opportunities to provide learning experiences outside of the classroom. Our officers are well trained on a variety of topics and we set high expectations for ourselves on being a service oriented department.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApply here to be considered: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=36K
117 total views, 1 today