Full-Time 40726 DISPATCH, EMERGENCY SERVICES SAFETY
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Traditional 245 work days
Salary Range: $21.28 – $25.38 per hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Supports individual, team or department through practical application of knowledge, use of proven techniques, and adherence to procedures. Primary focus on execution of assigned tasks in a specific area of responsibility, with a non-technical scope and a high degree of customer service.
Receive emergency and non-emergency calls from administration, schools, members of the public, bus drivers, and district employees concerning students; accidents; community complaints; requests for information; requests for dissemination of information to other schools, groups, parents, or employees. Operate radio, telephone, and computer equipment to relay information or orders to proper district officials or first responders.
– Performs routine transactions, assists team activities, interacts with stakeholders to solve problems or resolve complaints, gathers information, consults with management on actions to be taken in order to support short-term operations and ensure compliance.
– Performs data entry and verification, keeps accurate files/records, creates detailed reports, using various existing systems for accurate, timely, and compliant records.
– Receives, understands, and disseminates information to appropriate stakeholders. Answers questions, solves problems effectively and escalates appropriately. Demonstrates positive, optimistic and service-oriented mindset to ensure positive relations with stakeholders.
– Contributes to identifying process inefficiencies and proposes solutions, identifies opportunities through external research on trends in resources, programs, and services and internal research with stakeholders, and supports improvement efforts in order to support long-term success.
– Ability to work compatibly with the public, district employees and public safety in a team environment. Present a professional image, exhibiting excellent public relations skills.
– Evaluate incoming information and operate in a calm and proficient manner under emergency and crisis situations. Make critical decisions independently. Strong multi-tasking skills are important as well as the ability to operate multiple computers simultaneously.
– Ability to meet attendance standards and work the hours necessary to perform essential functions of the job. Ability to work any shift, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including working holidays and days where the District is closed due weather or other circumstances.
– Receive emergency and non-emergency incoming telephone calls and dispatch applicable resources, including law enforcement, fire and emergency medical services ensuring adherence to protocols.
-Monitor and maintain multiple software programs that control security alarms, fire alarms, elevator alarms, imminent freeze alarms, supervisory alarms, AC power fail alarms, and water pump alarms. Monitor and maintain cameras of all buildings. Monitor all District Safe to Tell and Gaggle reports.
– Provide after-hours assistance to transportation.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical & Environmental Conditions:
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Dispatch for a school district or a 911 center.
– Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Effective time management and organizational skills.
– Effective communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
– The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
– Work collaboratively with others on a team.
– Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, excellent computer skills, and demonstrated knowledge of telephone customer service skills.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced high stress environment. Knowledge of industrial or school emergency response and reporting systems.
– Receive and maintain a CCIC certification within 3 months of hire.
– Receive and maintain NIMS certifications within 3 months of hire.
– High School Diploma/GED required.
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
The Safety and Security team strives to promote safe school communities by emphasizing Safety, Service and Enforcement. The Department provides a wide range of services that include armed patrol response, school based security, dispatch and communications, investigations, emergency preparedness, system specialists and administration. Our officers work closely with the Denver Police Department to ensure our schools remain safe for students and staff to learn and thrive. We incorporate the DPS Shared Values of Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun in everything we do and constantly look for opportunities to provide learning experiences outside of the classroom. Our officers are well trained on a variety of topics and we set high expectations for ourselves on being a service oriented department.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered, please apply using the following link: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=2XW
69 total views, 1 today