Full-Time 3D Animator
Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We’re the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we’ve worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered “YES!” to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
3D ANIMATOR POSITION
Our artists honor the unique aesthetic vision of each project and work to make all aspects of the experience beautiful. We are seeking a talented 3D Animator to work on projects ranging from online worlds and handheld games to virtual reality experiences and themed interactive attractions.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a collaborative workflow and demonstrates strong constructive communication skills. The ability to be self-directed and be able to prioritize your workload efficiently is essential. The 3D Animator should be capable of working independently on projects, as well as work under the direction of a principal animator. You will be expected to work within project or client guidelines and iterate based on feedback. Our expectations are that you are familiar and experienced with both cinematic and interactive animations and implementation within 3D engines (Unity, Unreal). We’re looking for someone excited about cross-disciplined collaboration and making great games with us!
EXPECTATIONS OF ROLES AT SCHELL GAMES:
You consistently seek out best practices from experts within and outside of the studio and incorporate them into your work. Your craft skills allow you to deliver on the team’s vision. You clearly understand how your work affects your colleagues and the experience you are building.
Although you are still learning how to be an expert, your teams benefit greatly from your growing expertise.
You communicate effectively with colleagues and clients. You build relationships, communication channels, and efficiency within your team. You seek feedback, and address it consistently and effectively.
You excel in your project role. You advocate on behalf of the guest and understand how that translates to project goals and constraints. You’re comfortable working within our development methodologies and explore different ways to make your team more effective.
Others look to you to help make decisions on the team. You are able to constructively work through conflict with members of your team
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Create keyframe animation for in game animations and cut scenes
- Animation of characters, creatures, as well as environmental animations/prop animations
- Maintain defined animation style for characters within each project
- Implement animations in game
- Ability to create animation functions (BluePrints, Animation Trees) within engine with engineering and design collaboration
- Ability to balance quality with efficiency
- Experience or knowledge with Unity or Unreal game engines and ability to review work in-context frequently
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience with a successful track record as an animator
- A portfolio or demo reel demonstrating outstanding work in interactive/game animation
- Ability to create high quality keyframe animation in Maya
- Strong understanding of body mechanics, weight, acting, timing, pantomime
- Ability to follow direction; strong desire to improve and grow as an animator
- Strong understanding of Maya and its animation tools
- Knowledge of game production pipeline
- Solid communication skills with cross-discipline teams and problem solving
- Animation implementation in-engine (Unity or Unreal)
- Creation of animation trees in game engines (Unity or Unreal)
- Experience loading builds to play through levels and test animations and timing
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with animation for VR or AR platforms
- Knowledge of Agile or other management solutions
- Understanding of camera and composition
- BFA preferred or equivalent experience in an art-related field
Our studio is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment that ensures that all applicants and team members are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment directed at any applicant or employee because of their sex, gender, gender identity, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran, family or parental status or any other protected group characteristic. This equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Prohibiting discrimination and harassment is only one part of the equation. “Diversity makes us strong” is more than just something we say. We value diversity in all forms because it is essential to our success, and we want every member of our team to feel their best creative self. Our development environment and social culture are based on welcoming, respecting, and celebrating differences among our team members and our players. We rely on each person to add their own unique skills and perspective to our culture. Every member of our team is responsible for making the studio as inclusive and equitable as possible.
How to ApplyApply Now!
79 total views, 1 today