Full-Time 38580 LOCKSMITH L2
SERVICE BLDG, Northwest
Traditional 245 work days – AMLG/FMGR/GRND/PROTECH
Salary Range: $22.26 – $23.84 per hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Locksmith installs, repairs, rebuilds, and services mechanical or electrical locking devices.
– Installs, repairs and performs maintenance on District locks (e.g., cylindrical, mortise, panic bars).
– Performs door maintenance and repair on doors (e.g., hinges, closers).
– Troubleshoots and diagnosis systemic lock and/or hardware problems.
– Disassembles mechanical or electrical locking devices, and repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, using hand tools.
– Pins new or repaired tumblers into lock to change to change combination.
– Locates manufacturer codes for file cabinets and desks.
– Cuts new or duplicate keys, using and operating specialized cutting machines.
– Creates new keys by impressioning.
– Picks or bypasses lock to open door locks without keys.
– Identifies key blanks for district equipment and related locks.
– Re-keys and programs District fleet door locks, ignitions and side panels.
– Develops records and updates District master key systems.
– Pins locks according to master key system.
– Performs work and cross trains in at least one other trade, as an apprentice.
– Assists with snow removal efforts on a 24 hour on-call basis.
– Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
– Communicates and coordinates with staff at work sire and other shop staff.
– Prepares and cleans up job site (e.g., erecting scaffolding), taking into consideration safety concerns of self and others (e.g., students, employees), and disposes o waste and flammable materials.
– Reviews work orders, prioritizes, and determine supplies for repair and purchases supplies using District purchase order system.
Under the direction of L3 (Master or Multi-Skilled), may assist or perform the following functions:
– Bids on work requested by schools, and prepares cost estimates.
– Trains and mentors apprentice.
– Inspects work of independent contractors, identifies deficiencies, and communicates with project manager about correcting deficiencies according to code (e.g., city, state) and DPS specifications.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
– Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
– Four (4) years’ experience
– Knowledge of basic building structural systems.
– Ability to coordinate with other shop staff to complete projects.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments.
– Ability to complete work according to specifications, with attention to detail.
– Ability to plan and organize work, at times with interruptions.
– Ability to problem solve and repair/construct items according to specifications.
– Ability to work independently, make decisions and complete assignments.
– Ability to work overtime hours as necessary and in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
– Ability to interpret and read blueprints and drawings.
– Ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– District specific training of equivalent required for all levels.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApply using link- https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=1GO
102 total views, 1 today