Full-Time 38161 PLUMBER L2
Location: Service Building Maintenance Department
Schedule: Traditional 245 work days per year
Salary Range: $26.00 – $28.39 per hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Plumber performs plumbing work (e.g., alteration, maintenance) on district plumbing systems (e.g., potable water supply, irrigation, distribution building drains, sewers). Trains and mentors staff. Bids on work requested by schools, and prepares quote. Inspects work of independent contractors, identifies deficiencies, and communicates with project manager about correcting deficiencies according to code (e.g., city, state) and DPS specifications.
– Receives work orders, reviews, prioritizes and develops plan for plumbing related issues and requests.
– Determines and acquires supplies from warehouse and local vendors, researching for supplies and diagrams.
– Communicates and coordinates with staff at work site, taking into consideration safety concerns of self and others (e.g., students, employees)
– Prepares and cleans up the job site (e.g., erecting scaffolding), taking into consideration safety concerns of self and others (e.g., students, employees), and dispose of waste and flammable materials.
– Installs new plumbing fixtures and repairs existing fixtures including: water closets, urinals, flush-o-meters, lavatories, lavatory faucets, kitchen sinks, kitchen faucets, drinking fountains, shower valves, tempering valves, wash fountains, emergency eye wash fountains and showers.
– Installs and replace hot water heaters, boilers and heat exchangers for domestic hot water.
– Diagnosis malfunctioning boiler controls for domestic hot water, controls for hot water heaters and hot water heat exchanger controls. This includes all repairs, adjustments, and replacement of faulty controls, electronic relays, electric switches, air-electric pressure switches and circuit boards.
– Installs and repairs, tests and certifies cross connection devices of all types.
– Replaces faulty electrical components for infrared flush-o-meters, wash fountains, faucets on hand sinks.
– Tests for natural gas and air-line leaks, locate and repair.
– Investigates, locates and corrects sewer gas smells that effect indoor air quality.
– Repairs, replaces and installs new piping, fittings (e.g., domestic hot, hot circulating line, waste and vent, swimming pools and irrigation).
– Performs work and cross trains in at least one other trade as an apprentice.
– Assists with snow removal efforts on a 24 hour on-call basis.
– Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Under the direction of L3 (Master of Multi-Skilled), may assist or perform the following functions:
– Trains and mentors staff.
– Bids on work requested by schools, and prepares quote.
– Inspects work of independent contractors, identifies deficiencies, and communicates with project manager about correcting deficiencies according to code (e.g., city, state) and DPS specifications.
– Coordinates and collaborates with staff development in order to update training materials.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
– Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license.
– Must have and maintain a valid State of Colorado Plumber’s license.
– A minimum of four (4) years’ journeyman experience.
– Must be willing to obtain a Backflow Assembly Tester certificate.
– Ability to pass the Respirator Fit Test requirement: Annually and upon hire either during a physical exam or be able to demonstrate the ability ti wear a properly fitted respirator.
– Knowledge of basic electrical, including low and high voltage controls, basic turf irrigation and basic pool operation.
– Ability to coordinate with the other shop staff to complete projects.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments.
– Ability to complete work according to specifications, with attention to detail.
– Ability to plan and organize work, at times with interruptions.
– Ability to problem solve and repair/construct items according to specifications.
– Ability to work independently, make decisions and complete assignments.
– Ability to work overtime hours as necessary an in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
– Ability to interpret and read blueprints and drawings.
– Ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApply using link below. https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=189
30 total views, 1 today