Full-Time 37951 Newsletter Specialist
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $59,355- $71,923
Essential Functions and Objectives:
This role will lead the editorial planning, writing and execution of DPS’ employee newsletter cascade, as well as other communications, to support the Internal Communications team and its mission to ensure all of DPS’ 15,000 employees are informed, engaged and feeling valued. The person in this role will need to be forward thinking in editorial planning and able to move quickly to write content, while also using analytics and feedback to continuously improve how employees receive information. We want all employees to be excited to be a part of Team DPS, and this role is critical in supporting that experience through producing clear, relevant and engaging communications.
– Manage the production of five weekly employee-facing newsletters and one monthly newsletter, to include planning, content gathering, editing and publication.
– Work closely with the Director of Internal Communications and the Communications team to ensure DPS good news is consistently communicated and promoted via internal communications tools and the DPS website.
– Write, format, edit and proofread a variety of communications, including information for newsletters, executive communications, website content, print content, promotional materials, messaging and more.
– Manage distribution lists, inboxes and submissions related to DPS news and communications.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 5+ years of experience in either communications, journalism, or a related field.
– Exceptional oral, writing, proofreading and editing skills.
– Must be reliable, responsible, detail oriented and able to lead and follow through on projects.
– Ability to foster collaborative working relationships at all levels in the organization.
– Team player with project-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects but also work independently once given direction.
– Extremely organized, with ability to work in team environment or independently.
– Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
– Knowledge of Constant Contact and WordPress or similar platforms.
– Knowledge of AP style.
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyUse link below to apply https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=107
30 total views, 1 today