Full-Time 37801 – TEACHER, ELEMENTARY SPECIAL EDUCATION MODERATE NEEDS – K-5TH
If you are not currently a DPS teacher you must first apply to the general teaching position and complete the DPS Central Teacher Screening process before applying to teach at a specific school. If you have not completed this process you will find the Apply Now button above is not available. Candidates who are not current DPS employees may apply to the general teaching position here: http://tinyurl.com/y9rnsyjg
Current DPS employees will find the general teaching position listed under the Hot Jobs section of Opportunities.
GARDEN PLACE ACADEMY
Traditional 187 work days per year – DCTA
Salary: See DCTA Teacher Salary Schedule at http://careers.dpsk12.org/teachercomp/compensation-your-first-year/.
Subjects and Grades:
* Position begins in school year 2019-2020
* Grade 01 – First
* Grade 02 – Second
* Grade 03 – Third
* Grade 04 – Fourth
* Grade 05 – Fifth
* Moderate Needs
* Elementary Education
Essential Functions and Objectives:
– The Elementary Special Education Moderate Needs Teacher instructs special education students in settings that provide a continuum of services from self-contained instruction to full inclusion in the regular classroom. Helps all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding. Monitors, supervises, coordinates and enforces rules of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy. Observes, evaluates, reports and records students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health. Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems. Provides daily living assistance (e.g., toileting, diapering, feeding, personal hygiene), following universal precautions and as trained and directed. Operates, monitors and performs maintenance of adaptive technology and OT/PT equipment. Lifts and transports students using appropriate equipment and lifting techniques.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
– Must possess a current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License with endorsement in Special Education Generalist or Special Education Specialist. Previous experience working with young special needs students and their parents preferred.
– Serves students from all eligibility categories. May need to teach literacy, math, language skills, behavioral skills, daily living skills, and/or adaptive skills, and may also provide physical care needs. Provides instruction at the large group, small group, and individual level. Collaborates with general education staff for successful inclusion of students.
– Teaches diverse elementary school students grade level standards based curriculum in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, Social Studies and Personal Development.
Please enter all of your education, licensure, and endorsements on your profile before submitting an application for this position. Candidates without a complete profile will not be considered. If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
At least one of the following types of licensure is required:
If your teaching license is pending, you are eligible to apply.
* Teacher: Initial Teacher License
* Teacher: Professional Teacher License
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License (One Year)
* Teacher: Alternative Teacher License (Two Year)
At least one of the following endorsements or certifications is required in each subject area for this position:
* Special Education – Endorsement
* Special Education – National Boards
* Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 – Place/Praxis
* Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 – State Elig
* Special Education, Specialist ages 5-21 – Endorsement
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 – Place/Praxis
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 – PM Approved
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 – State Elig
* Special Education, Generalist ages 5-21 – Endorsement
* Elementary Education – Endorsement
* Elementary Education – National Board
* Elementary Education – Place/Praxis
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
39 total views, 1 today