Full-Time 37709 COORDINATOR, ATHLETIC AND EXCURSION
ATHLETIC AND EXCURSION COORDINATOR
Traditional 245 work days – AMLG/FMGR/GRND/PROTECH
Salary Range: $20.62- $24.17 per hour (annually $40,426- $47,377)
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Schedules athletic and excursion trips in coordination with Terminal staff (e.g., Operations Manager, Terminal Admin staff) and cross functional district departments (athletic, academic, district support, etc.).
– Coordinates with Athletic Department and school administrators for Excursions in order to schedule school transportation service requests (e.g., athletic events, excursions).
– Modifies, establishes and plans athletic bus routes using district routing software Versa Trans and athletic software TOM.
– Delegates athletic and excursion assignments to drivers.
– Maintains and updates driver and bus information in TRIP and ARMS program.
– Coordinates, schedules and communicates assignments (e.g., athletic and excursion assignments to drivers, changes) with Dispatch and Terminal staff.
– Prepares trip cost estimates (e.g., Costing and Billing) for requested transportation services (e.g. Athletic, Excursions, After School Activities all other services that apply). Monthly.
– Creates yearly work schedules for athletic drivers taking into consideration rotation of extra work (e.g. Saturday and Sunday).
– Prepares, completes, and submits reports (e.g., union equalization report, driver’s extra time/weekend work) ensuring completeness and accuracy.
– Knowledge of all buses, capacities and equipment, and knowledge of city.
– Monitors compliance with and enforces District safety rules and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
– Drives DPS school transportation vehicles as required (e.g., District vehicles, 15 passenger, 60 foot articulated buses).
– Drives school bus routes as required, knowledge of operating and installing proper special needs equipment (e.g., lift, vest); and maintains current knowledge of special needs equipment use and installation.
– Maintains and updates driver and bus information in TRIP and STARS programs.
– Maintains confidentiality of student information.
– Performs other related duties and special projects as requested.
– Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Three years of employee training experience in a transportation, large public sector organization (e.g., government) or corporation.
– Public School Transportation experience preferred.
– Experience using computers and software (e.g., Microsoft Office), TRIP, Versa Trans routing software.
– A current and valid State of Colorado driver’s license is required.
– A current and valid State of Colorado class A Commercial driver’s license with Class B-P2S endorsements is required or able to be acquired within 90 days. Must meet insurability requirements of the Self Insurance Pool for driving a district vehicle.
– Completion of and ability to maintain Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
– Current Red Cross Certification or ability to acquire.
– Fluency in English.
– ARMS software.
– Cisco phone system.
– Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and related software preferred.
– Federal, State and Local student transportation laws and regulations preferred.
– City of Denver landmarks, and streets preferred.
– Communicate with diverse student population.
– Work effectively with diverse staff at all levels, in all departments.
– Clearly communicates verbally and in writing.
– Plan and organize work, at times with interruptions.
– Problem solve and make decisions quickly according to guidelines with consideration of safety and health of others.
– Work independently, make decisions and complete assignments.
– Communicate in Spanish, preferred.
– Move, transport, position, install, raise, lift or remove items or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. without assistance and over 50 lbs with assistance (e.g., using equipment or with another person (s) assisting).
– Work in a variety of situations (e.g., stationary, standing, walking, low to ground, kneeling, crouching, balancing, cramped spaces, reaching overhead, using stairs).
– Must meet DOT requirements.
– Frequently remains stationary in office/terminal setting.
– High School Diploma or GED certificate.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Transportation Services Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. We believe that innovative transportation services, and caring drivers and paraprofessionals, are an extension of the school day and support learning outside of the classroom. We are passionate about providing safe school bus transportation to our student riders. A safe pleasant ride helps students start and end the school day on a positive note. This can have an enormous impact on a student’s attitude toward school. We all have a definite role in the safe operation of our school transportation system and we would love for you to be a part of the team!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApply Here https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=VE
168 total views, 1 today