Full-Time 36453 SPECIALIST, FACILITIES TRAINING
FACILITIES TRAINING SPECIALIST
Location: Service Building
Work Year: Traditional 235 work year
Salary Range: $46,718 – $56,757 annually
Essential Job Functions
Working under the direction of the Professional Development Supervisor for Facility Management; this individual will provide high quality and cost effective Instructional Design, Observations, Coaching, Training and Professional development to all Facility Management employees to improve organizational and personal performance, objectives and goals.
– Work with all divisions of Facility Management to evaluate and provide instructional design to incorporate into the departmental training plan.
– Works with appropriate SME’s to implement and test technology to deliver/facilitate training programs and other learning and development services, to meet the needs of new and existing employees.
– Provides feedback to employees to assist with collaboration efforts, career development, and other professional skills.
– Utilize Instructional Design methods with various technologies (Articulate, Adobe, Skype, Microsoft Suite, etc.) to offer alternative learning delivery methods such as computer-based training (CBT) programs and implements a blended-learning approach utilizing E-Learning, web-based content (Webinars).
– Facilitate/train Facility Management courses as part of the instructional curriculum for facility employees; including Train-The-Trainer program.
– Preparation of reports on data/metrics for all training courses; to include participant evaluations and instructional design for training courses.
– Will prepare the classroom environment for training by ensuring equipment, course materials (rosters, manuals, pens, etc.) and resources are available and serviceable.
– Write curriculum lesson plans, and various written and performance assessments to effectively offer feedback regarding performance and improvements according to training requirements.
– Consult with managers to diagnose training needs, build team initiatives, recommends and implements programs, which will meet Facility Management’s learning and development needs.
– Provide field evaluations and observe other instructors as needed to ensure learning is aligned with instructional material and performance expectations.
– Collaborate with other Trainers across the district to support departmental and district PD goals.
– Participate in professional development activities, seminars, workshops and training.
– Perform other duties as assigned in collaboration by the Executive Director of Facility Management or his/her designee.
Education & Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree; Preferred certifications in HPT, CPT or other PD certifications. Leadership skills desired.
– Minimum of five or more years documented experience in Instructional Design, developing, writing and formatting training material and conducting training in a corporate or vocational environment. In addition, have knowledge of Training Analysis approaches.
– Quality business English training experience and have a good understanding of the learning difficulties for a cultural environment.
– Ability & experience in documenting, tracking and reporting on training metrics, and competencies data
– Must have a career background in training and strong instructional design experience, which includes cultural communication and awareness, soft-skills and preferably trade-related development.
– Thoroughly proficient at an advanced level in all components of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and various other office equipment and training technology. Preferred highly skilled and experienced in on-line course development, Articulate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Captivate and/or Adobe In-Design software.
Knowledge & Other Qualifications
– Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative communication skills.
– Ability to work independently and efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet departmental goals, objectives and expectations.
– Demonstrated attention to detail, organization & time management skills to meet deadlines
– Ability to provide participative instructor-led training sessions.
– Ability to handle information in a manner, which protects confidentiality.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Demonstrated behavior performing in compliance with established human resource and departmental policies regarding Attendance (absences, tardiness, sick leave and vacation use, and other scheduled or unscheduled absences); dress code; customer/member services’ safety, security, disaster and other policies, procedures and practices.
– Performance is limited to the scope of essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, frequently moves, transports, positions, installs, lifts or removes equipment or items weighing up to 50 lbs., without assistance; occasionally moves, transports, positions, installs, lifts, raises or removes equipment or items weighing 50-100 lbs. with assistance and over 100lbs. with assistance (e.g., using equipment or with another person(s) assisting).
Work in a variety of situations (e.g., ascending and descending stairs, standing, walking, low to ground, kneeling, crouching, & balancing).
The employee is occasionally required to remain stationary, using hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
Vision: Close and distance required with ability to see objects in presence of glare or bright lighting (e.g., computer screen) for extended periods of time.
Speech/Hearing: Frequently interact with coworkers, students and public.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to compare, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate data and must rely on interpersonal skills when working with employees, students and/or the public. Frequently required to communicate, coordinate, instruct, compute, compile and negotiate.
Work is performed in climate controlled indoor school/warehouse setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, depending upon office location and activity
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.:
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttps://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=N
49 total views, 1 today