Full-Time 36351 REGIONAL SPECIALIST, ELEMENTARY LITERACY
215 work days
Salary Range: $57,272.56-69,350.40
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Serves as the primary elementary literacy resource for a K-12 region and its schools, providing expertise in collaborative activities such as strategic planning and professional development with the goal of ensuring high levels of student achievement in language and literacy.
– With the regional superintendent and other regional partners, engage in data-based strategic planning for the region’s schools with the goal of ensuring student well-being and high levels of student academic growth in language and literacy.
– Work with the regional superintendent and school teams to analyze student work and achievement data to adjust strategic planning and resource allocation at the regional and school level and plan and deliver supports prioritized to schools with the highest needs, which may include individual or group coaching, modeling, co-teaching and observation.
– Provide professional learning in language and literacy for the region and its school teams to ensure progress on district priorities intended to improve teaching and learning such as rigorous standards-based instruction, culturally responsive schools and classrooms, data-driven instruction and personalized learning.
– Serve as a liaison among the regional superintendent, the region’s schools and central office literacy and assessment staff to ensure productive understanding and use of district policies, resources and professional learning. As the liaison, provide feedback to central office departments on school support and customer service.
– Preparation and review of presentations, summaries, required reports, data and other documents as needed for regional planning and district and community reporting purposes.
– Support curriculum and resource development, develop and deliver district professional development and assist with professional development opportunities provided by central office literacy and assessment specialists.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 5 or more years of experience in Literacy, Language & Literacy, Bilingual Literacy, ESL Literacy
– Valid teaching certificate at the appropriate level
– Reading Teacher endorsement, Reading Specialist endorsement, Bilingual or ESL endorsement preferred
– Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
– Effective time management and organizational skills
– Effective communication skills
– Strong attention to detail
– Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines
– The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance
– Work collaboratively with others on a team
– Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment
– Deep knowledge of literacy standards, literacy learning and assessment
– Skill in implementing culturally responsive education practices
– Maintain personal engagement in professional development that enables growth and improvement for this position.
– Bilingual/English as a Second Language teaching and learning
– Bachelor’s degree in Literacy, Language & Literacy, or Bilingual Literacy required; Master’s degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApply directly on the DPS website http://tinyurl.com/y6c3kut5
118 total views, 1 today