Full-Time 34924 – ROUTE SCHEDULER
245 work days
Salary Range: $37,346-$44,552
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Prepares, modifies and maintains school bus routes to provide a cost-effective transportation system for Denver Public Schools. Drive bus routes when necessary.
– Plan, design and determine bus routes that match equipment to student requirements using the most cost effective and efficient methods.
– Maintain ongoing familiarity with bus load factors, actual transit time, special equipment, dispatching activity and reporting procedures and all safety policies.
– Maintain an ongoing knowledge of changes to road networks and traffic patterns in and around the City and County of Denver.
– Access and enter appropriate data into both the routing and student information systems.
– Process new students into bus routes as required.
– Perform dispatch operations when required using a two-way radio.
– Prepare/ forward referrals in accordance with Transportation Department policies and procedures, when appropriate.
– Receive and appropriately respond to incoming phone calls from Transportation staff, parents, school representatives and other members of the community.
– Manage other transportation services (sub-contractors, RTD, Yellow Cab, etc.) as needed.
– Maintain accurate contacts and phone numbers for responses requiring specific expertise.
– Maintain a continuous and cooperative coordination work relationship with the Excursion Coordinator and Athletic/ASA Supervisor.
– Assist the Excursion/ASA program specialists in assuring the most efficient and effective assignment of tasks.
– Drive routes when required.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– This is a safety-sensitive position within the DPS School District and mandatory position requirements include: a copy of current Driving Record at time of hire, clear CBI criminal/background investigation and compliance with Drug Free/Pre-hire and Random Drug testing conducted throughout duration of assignment.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Three (3) years experience in school transportation.
– Effective communication skills especially in writing and over the two-way radio.
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), mapping and routing software.
– Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
– Maintain a current CDL license with ‘S’ endorsement that meets all CDE regulations and is insurable by the Colorado School District Self-Insurance Pool.
– Maintain appropriate insurance coverage and have an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– Knowledge of transportation rules and requirements that support educational programs and activities.
– Knowledge and ability to measures distances using vehicle-mounted linear measurement devices.
– Maintain a detailed knowledge of two-way radio procedures to back-up dispatcher.
– Ability to conceptualize routes and schedules and be detail oriented.
– Ability to manage a complex deadline-driven workload, including planning and organization.
– Ability to analyze data concerning student ridership, demographics, traffic surveys, maps, consists and revenues.
– Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people including drivers/bus attendants, co-workers, administrators, teachers, children and the general public.
– Ability to represent the school district in a professional and courteous manner.
– Knowledge of GPS and related software desired.
– High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics/Workflow Analysis, Resource Information, or Business Administration is preferred.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Transportation Services Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. We believe that innovative transportation services, and caring drivers and paraprofessionals, are an extension of the school day and support learning outside of the classroom. We are passionate about providing safe school bus transportation to our student riders. A safe pleasant ride helps students start and end the school day on a positive note. This can have an enormous impact on a student’s attitude toward school. We all have a definite role in the safe operation of our school transportation system and we would love for you to be a part of the team!:
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE: http://tinyurl.com/yyjfs8cu
79 total views, 1 today