Full-Time 33709 – OPERATIONS ANALYST
PLANNING & ANALYSIS
235 work days
Salary Range: $54,093-$65,593
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for performing technical analysis to solve business problems using advanced methods. Contributes to operational goals by influencing district decision-making. Administers the maintenance, procedures, and reporting district wide systems and platforms.
The operations analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing key data in order to increase operational efficiency and support policy decisions. This analyst will provide primary decision support for the Facility Management department and will coordinate as necessary across other departments. Areas of focus are expected to be facility needs, sustainability, maintenance operations, and school infrastructure support.
– Researches and applies analytical methods to solve complex problems. Analyze systems, programs, data sets and reports, to enhance the efficacy of district programs, processes, procedures, goals and objectives. Create metrics, examine data, interpret findings and extract insights.
– Improves data storage practices, in order to optimize extract, analysis and delivery of content. Handles actual data collection and input into systems; creates and documents queries; audits and cleans data; setup and validate infrastructure complies with established processes and guidelines.
– Applies established research design to assess and provide advice to key stakeholders. Monitor and determine the impact of industry developments; determine data collection requirements; tracks and maintains results; studies data and reports results.
– Maintains proactive communication with key internal and external stakeholders; prepares dashboards and data visualizations to support recommendations for practitioners, partners and district stakeholder in effort to reveal gaps and areas of improvement. Works closely with functional experts, provides mentorship and catalyzes strong collaboration among all resources involved.
– Perform statistical analyses and mine large quantities of data for relevant trends and facts: analyst is responsible for performing analysis on relevant data sources, including data comparisons based on scenario modeling and the like.
– Structure, manage and execute research projects, including identifying research questions, refining and testing hypotheses, analyzing data, drawing conclusions from data.
– Obtain, organize and understand large quantities of data from multiple data sources using SQL.
– Clearly communicate relevant data to executives and community partners, including the willingness to manage up to senior levels and defend recommendations that may be received with apprehension from the client.
– Develop strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
– Support the Executive Director of Facility Management in managing the overall program of facilities assets to support the strategic and operational needs of the district.
– Maintain both the integrity and confidentiality of all data, research and analyses.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Minimum of 2 years of experience in construction, development, operations, analytics, consulting or management role.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Effective time management and organizational skills.
– Effective communication skills.
– Work collaboratively with others on a team.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
– Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
– The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
– Passion for education and the belief that every child can succeed.
– Strong understanding of data and basic statistics.
– Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required, experience with SQL preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree in planning, engineering, business, statistics, construction management or related field.
– Master’s degree in planning, engineering, business, statistics, construction management or related field.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/y4782s2u
235 total views, 1 today