Full-Time 33292 – SENIOR COMPENSATION ANALYST
235 work days per year
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
This role works collaboratively with the HR Partners, managers, and staff. This position is responsible for supporting multiple aspects of compensation including providing direction and consultative advice related to the development and monitoring of base and variable pay programs, salary setting, and job evaluations.
– Be recognized by your internal customers as a trusted strategic advisor through your understanding of their business and delivering compensation solutions that support the business needs.
– Establish and foster collaborative working relations with key stakeholders that include business leaders and HR Partners.
– Partner with department managers to ensure that compensation programs, processes, and competitive pay benchmarks are understood and aligned with the business strategy.
– Evaluate the competitiveness of the compensation programs by collecting and analyzing statistical data from internal and external market sources.
– Consult on and conduct the job evaluation and job re-classification process.
– Advise on DPS incentive programs.
– Formulate recommendations regarding salary ranges, incentive structures, and development of company salary structures.
– Advise managers as requested on individual hiring or promotion rates based on candidate or employee pay history, external market data, internal comparisons and policy guidelines.
– Be familiar with administration and employee association agreements and guidelines.
– Coordinate and run special projects to accomplish goals of the compensation and HR department as assigned.
– Provide all support necessary to lead the pay for performance and cost of living salary adjustment process.
– Provide budget analysis and recommendations, modeling results, and setting up compensation support tools.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Qualifications:
– 3 years recent, progressively responsible compensation experience.
– Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy required.
– Experience in quantitative and qualitative job evaluation methodology.
– Experience using HRIS systems, and conducting data analysis using spreadsheets, databases and statistical software to produce original analysis and recommendations.
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
– Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
– Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SHPR) certification preferred.
– Knowledge of a variety of occupations (e.g., district’s standard job classes).
– Strong mathematical aptitude, including commonly used statistical applications (e.g., mean, mode, variability, regression).
– Knowledge of Human Resource Department processes and compensation best practices.
– Knowledge of HR policies and procedures, Federal and State employment laws and statutes.
– Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with District staff at all levels.
– Ability to organize complex projects and strong attention to detail.
– Ability to problem-solve and act decisively.
– Ability to present complex data in easily understood messages.
– Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration or related area, Master’s degree preferred.
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE: http://tinyurl.com/y5kl5aco
65 total views, 3 today