Full-Time 33245 BUILDING ENGINEER
Location: Facilities Maintenance Department
Work Year: 245 work days
Salary Range: $49,686 – $60,348
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Building Engineer is responsible for the daily operation, preventative maintenance and repairs to a multi-use school complex’s plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all other building systems. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems, lighting and emergency systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary. The essential functions of this position include:
– On a routine basis, inspect buildings, parking lots, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
– Be responsive to occupant complaints in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems. Respond quickly to emergency situations.
– Conduct periodic general preventive and repair maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems, including normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment. Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems required.
– Perform and/or oversee HVAC, water treatment and testing, electrical and plumbing repair and troubleshooting.
– Perform assigned work to ensure the safety of the building’s tenants and the continuous operation of the site.
– Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend equipment/service upgrades.
– Order parts and supplies as needed, and maintain stock and inventory control.
– Work with Shop Manager in planning and controlling annual and capital budgets.
– Prepare and maintain maintenance work order logs and other records. Coordinate maintenance efforts with service providers. Maintain records on machinery and equipment to accurately reflect maintenance, repairs and history.
– Coordinate and manage building systems and monitor equipment warranty period.
– Prepare and provide sustainability reports in collaboration with DPS Director of Sustainability to track building systems’ performance and costs.
– Assist custodial operations during snow and ice clearing operations.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
– Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license.
– Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in building operations, engineering, and equipment/systems maintenance.
– Completion of Building Operator Program Coursework, Engineering Technical Training, Building Operations and Maintenance Training Certificates of Completion
– Certification in any of the following preferred: BOMA, IFMA, NEEP, LEED.
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
– Associate’s degree or other relevant education and experience.
About Denver Public Schools:
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyApply using link- http://tinyurl.com/y573vblj
183 total views, 2 today