Full-Time 32667 – SENIOR BUYER – CONSTRUCTION SERVICES
FINANCE – STRATEGIC SOURCING
235 work days
Salary Range: $54,093-$65,593
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Senior Buyer works in the Strategic Sourcing (Purchasing) Department under the Manager of Strategic Sourcing to procure goods and services for various assigned groups. The Senior Buyer will perform diverse purchasing and contracting functions, using current, progressive sourcing methods, in compliance with district and departmental policies and procedures. Position will interact with staff, vendors and community to ensure a fair, open and competitive acquisitions process. This role will focus on Construction Services buying in addition to other assigned commodities.
– Individual will operate in Lawson ERP System on a daily basis.
– Perform necessary purchasing functions for assigned commodities, with focus on Furniture Fixtures and equipment (FF&E), Construction Services and Facilities, for just-in-time delivery of goods and services to the various schools and departments.
– Lead and manage the competitive bidding process including RFPs, RFIs, RFQs and IFBs.
– Oversee the review and execution of contracts that involve the purchase of goods and or services.
– Defines specifications/ scope of work based on collaborative efforts with users to ensure best value in terms of price, quality, reliability, maintenance, etc.
– Establish contractual agreements in accordance with district policies and procedures.
– Interpret district procurement policies and procedures for staff and vendors.
– Develop and maintain effective relationships between district personnel and suppliers to enhance current and future business.
– Research and develop new sources of supplies and services based on District criteria and ensure District has qualified bidders.
– Monitors vendor performance and pursues corrective actions regarding inadequacies, deficiencies or improprieties.
– Utilize problem-solving skills to reach resolution with internal / external customers.
– Be proactive in leading / managing difficult conversations with internal / external customers.
– Analyzes market conditions and trends which may affect pricing and availability of products/services and provides critical information to appropriate superiors.
– Maintains necessary records pertaining to solicitations, contracts, purchase orders, requests for purchase, vendor audits, etc.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Attends staff development workshops, purchasing conferences, and cooperative purchasing meetings supported by the Strategic Sourcing (Purchasing) Department to share and expand knowledge of various aspects of public purchasing process.
– Utilize highly effective oral and written communication skills to support the needs of Project Managers and Support Staff while living DPS core values.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Five (5) years’ experience in purchasing, including competitive bid solicitation, technical specification writing and contract negotiation strongly preferred.
– Experience using or working with Lawson ERP System preferred.
– Experience using purchasing tools; working with commodities, implementing organizational purchasing policies and procedures required.
– Working knowledge of Lawson ERP System.
– Highly effective oral and written communication skills required.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, across all departments and schools.
– Ability to focus attention to detail, maintaining accuracy.
– Ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
– Ability to meet strict deadlines.
– Ability to work well with internal customers, vendors and members of the business community.
– Ability to display a sense of urgency as appropriate when working with internal / external customers.
– Ability to demonstrate accountability for entire procurement process.
– Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) or equivalent preferred.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years, if the position requires travel.
– Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://bit.ly/2DHOnZK
83 total views, 8 today