Full-Time 32574 – LEAD PAYROLL TECHNICIAN
235 work days
Salary Range: $23.10-$28.09 per hour non-exempt ($43,432-$52,800 annually)
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Performs the key responsibilities of a team member plus assists management with day to day guidance to ensure the team operates effectively. Primary emphasis is leading by example and sharing acquired knowledge.
This person will assist in the coordination of workflow and departmental tasks. Have key tasks they are responsible for assuring is completed on time and accurate. In the event the manager is absence, step up in any authorization and manager’s payroll tasks that needs to be completed.
As a values-based organization, achieve goals through our shared commitment to Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun.
– Supports the completion of daily activities; guides and supports the team’s work efforts, maximizes productivity and achieves short term goals. Improves the team environment; models, evaluates, and guides positive high performing behaviors.
– Helps ensure work is completed, based on priorities set by management. Guides the team’s success; monitors progress towards goals, action plans, deadlines, and standards. Tactfully assigns or suggests work assignments to the team according to aptitude, skills, work load and interests.
– Leads and influences the team’s best work by serving as an escalation point; solves routine problems, prevents conflicts, and gives limited direct feedback. Provides instruction and guidance to ensure full understanding of designated activities.
– Provides ongoing opportunities to help improve daily work skills; educates new team members, hosts meetings, coaches, and encourages showcase of strengths. Ensures compliance with district by enforcing standard practices and procedures.
– Maintains a close relationship and regularly discusses workload and deadlines with the team and management. Reports status to team members and managers, including cost, scope, quality, time, performance, and output to create a positive team atmosphere and keep everyone informed.
– Oversees functions of payroll technicians and/or office supports and audits accuracy of payroll polcies and procedures for compliance and meeting department expectations.
– Provides support and quality customer services to our school, departments, and employees.
– Monitor Metrics and heat for adjustment to service, process, and procedures.
– Responsible for coordination of all district calendars, stipends, overpayment process, PERA processing, payroll adjustments, Quarterly returns, and year end processing.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 5+ years of payroll/accounting.
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products and/or Project Management Software (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
– Excellent interpersonal, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
– Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Ability to collaborate with others on challenging, time sensitive projects as a team player.
– Ability to assess appropriate priorities and organize workload on multiple assignments.
– Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
– Models excellent customer service.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Ability to communicate effectively in a credible and confident manner at all levels in the organization, both orally and in writing.
– Knowledge and familiarity with federal, state, and local legislation regarding payroll laws and compliance requirements.
– CPP ((Certified Payroll Professional) License.
– High school diploma/GED.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://bit.ly/2DkEiBK
128 total views, 1 today