Full-Time 32569 – EDUCATIONAL INTERPRETER, CUED SPEECH
Student Equity and Opportunity
190 work days
Salary Range: $35,115-42,689
Essential Functions and Objectives:
To transliterate through use of Cued Speech for the deaf/hard of hearing student. Facilitates communication between users and non-users of Cued Speech.
– Transliterates through use of Cued Speech for the deaf/hard of hearing student.
– Provides transliterating and tutoring support DHH students, which includes but is not limited to: general or special education classes, physical education, music, recess, lunch; performs note-taking and interprets during testing situations and medical services. May also assist students in the community, as directed.
– Facilitates and supports accommodations and modifications specified on Individualized Education Programs (IEP) or as designated by the Special Educator.
– Under direction of the teacher, determines appropriate accommodations and modifications and develops and implements lesson plans.
– Coordinates transliterating duties with supervising teacher(s) of DHH students.
– Conducts tutoring, as directed by certified teacher.
– Prepares and sets up educational materials, as required or requested.
– Under the direction of Teacher of the Deaf and/or Educational Audiologists, is responsible for the maintenance and use of specialized equipment and the maintenance of high and low adaptive technology equipment.
– Assists and supports in the development of lesson plans and provides feedback to teacher(s)/supervisor(s) on individual students.
– Provides transliterating support, through use of Cued Speech, to parents, staff and other individuals in order to develop and provide appropriate student programming.
– Communicates with parents about routine issues, as directed.
– Monitors student activity in classrooms, hallways, lunchrooms, playgrounds and other locations, as required or requested.
– May be under direct or indirect supervision of certificated staff while interacting with student(s) on or away from school campus.
– Maintains the confidentiality of student information.
– Operates office equipment, as required or requested.
– Completes training programs and attends meetings, as required.
– Follows established district policies and procedures.
– Performs other duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Must qualify for a Cued Speech Endorsement.
– Associate’s degree in interpreting or related field. Must qualify for a State Authorization as an Educational Interpreter: Cued Speech.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/ycvx6ht2
110 total views, 1 today