Full-Time 28243 – DIRECTOR, MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS
Traditional 235 work days – PROTECH/ADMIN
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
DIRECTOR, MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS JOB DESCRIPTION
Directs Facility Maintenance Operations (e.g., building and grounds, maintenance, repair) and personnel. Directs and coordinates Managers of shop personnel who perform the trade related and maintenance work and repair for District facilities. Establishes procedures and long range vision around maintenance services. Prepares and manages annual budgets. Provides overview to ensure well maintained, safe, and healthy facilities across the District.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
· Provide vision, leadership and administrative direction to Maintenance Operations.
· Develop, establish and implement standards and policy direction, taking into consideration cost effective, quality service delivery.
· Support in strategic goal setting direction for the department including KPI development, customer service, and performance management.
· Coordinate and develop budget information (e.g., staffing, resourcing, long range forecasting) for Maintenance programs.
· Monitor operations and make adjustments to ensure that quality services are provided within set operational budget.
· Establishes metrics and targets and researches best practices to ensure continual growth and operational efficiency.
· Ensures compliance with policies, building and safety codes, and regulations in the execution of work.
· Works to create a positive culture and morale.
· Participate in the annual budgeting process and complete required financial reports.
· Direct the monitoring of site building inspections around maintenance and facility needs.
· Develop studies and reports for improvement of processes and operations.
· Manage implementation, interpretation, and compliance of personnel/HR policies (e.g., employee performance process).
· Communicate and coordinate with personnel about discipline and work-related issues.
· Manage coordination and communication with District facilities and Departments related to maintenance of facilities and status of requested work orders.
· Manage, monitor and make personnel hiring, evaluation, development and training recommendations.
· Review, update and apply current knowledge about latest methods, products, and systems for state-of-the-art facility operations and services.
· Manage coordination of building maintenance and operational needs information gathering for bond or program assessment.
· Performs as a management liaison to building principals and other building occupants.
· Respond to facility emergencies after regular working hours on weekends and holidays.
· Communicate and coordinate with others on the Facility Management leadership team.
· Oversight of the maintenance asset management program including FCA
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
· Knowledge, of U.M.C. (Uniform Mechanical Code), Denver building codes and licensure of related trade.
· Knowledge of trade unions and experience in labor relations
· Knowledge of City, State and Federal codes, rules and regulations to facility operations.
· Knowledge of current and updated procedures and technology for proper operations of facilities.
· Knowledge of techniques to handle critical inquiries, complaints and questions.
· Ability to establish and develop communication and working relationship with employee organizations.
· Ability to maintain open, effective communication up and down the chain of command.
· Ability to respond to emergency situations anytime they occur and coordinate responses.
· Applicable facilities management certification preferred.
· Must be insurable by DPS Insurance Pool.
· Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
E Education Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Management, Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management or related field preferred.
· Seven (7) to ten (10) years’ experience on a Director level in public institution, plant management, facility operations, maintenance and housekeeping programs that included personnel management.
· Demonstrated effective budget management of large budgets over $20M.
· Experience managing major facility management function involving large cross-functional teams.
· Ability to converse in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must possess skills and experience to maintain proper discipline within the workforce.
· Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· Bilingual skills in Spanish are desired.
· Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
Physical & Environmental Conditions:
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!:
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/yb9ewawn
56 total views, 1 today