Full-Time 1787 Program Assistant
JOB TITLE: #1787 Program Assistant
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
COMPENSATION: $21.25 hourly minimum (approximately $44,200.00 annual) STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,080 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DESIGNATION: Bargaining Unit AFSCME Local 3173
POSTING DATE: May 10, 2023
DEADLINE DATE: May 24, 2023
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to support the development, delivery, and evaluation of programs and initiatives and education product sales within Experience Development, including cross-department programs and initiatives and support work within the Evaluation, History Day, Interpretive Programs, and Teacher Education and Curriculum Development work areas. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: support for Teacher Education and Curriculum Development workshops and education programs; order fulfillment and inventory tracking for educational products; assistance in the development, delivery, and analysis of evaluation projects; providing coordination and support services across Experience Development Department programs.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Provide support services for Teacher Education and Curriculum Development programs, products, and services; 2) Provide support services for Evaluation projects and initiatives; and 3) Provide coordination and support services across Experience Development department programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of program experience or formalized training within a professional discipline.
- Experience working in public history, cultural organizations, museums, education, or customer service.
- Familiarity and comfort with technology.
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, and Google Forms) and Microsoft Office (Window, Word, Excel).
- Strong organizational skills and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work assignments..
- Ability to take work direction from multiple staff (depending on task).
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment
- Ability to accept feedback and revise work accordingly.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department need.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, history, humanities, or a related field plus two or more years of related experience.
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM software.
- Experience working with a financial management system, such as MUNIS.
- Experience working with evaluation software programs such as Alchemer and/or Tableau.
- Knowledge of Minnesota and American history.
- Knowledge of the Society’s programs, procedures and priorities.
Should you have questions with the application process, email hu************@mn**.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
How to ApplyApply online at www.mnhs.org/jobs with a cover letter and resume.
152 total views, 0 today