Program Associate – Global Technology ProgramsInternews – Posted by Internews
ABOUT THE POSITION Come join a team of dynamic colleagues and partners who are passionate about promoting digital rights and Internet freedom. Internews' Global Technology Program is seeking a full-time Program Associate to support our efforts to promote digital safety for humans rights defenders and vulnerable populations across the globe. This is a unique, multi-faceted, entry-level role that offers the opportunity to develop administrative and project management skills and build your understanding of how human rights and technology intersect. Program Associates in Internews' Global Technology Program participate in the direct implementation of publicly-funded foreign assistance programs for human rights defenders. You're an ideal candidate for this position if you have excellent written and oral communication skills; strong attention to detail; a knack for keeping highly organized; dedication to keeping things moving and on track; the ability to prioritize completing tasks; comfort with taking initiative; a voracious desire to learn; and the desire to help protect human rights defenders, journalists, and marginalized people around the world. We dress casually, laugh easily, and cheer each other on. This position reports to the Program Officer of the Global Technology Program (GTP). Ultimately, this job will be based in Washington, DC. However, all Internews' Global Technology Staff currently work remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so so until at least January 1, 2021. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this position will also function remotely. We will expect you to relocate to the DC area as soon as it safe to do so, likely by early 2021. Internews is unable to cover relocation costs. Limited international travel will be required for this position (once it is safe to do so), and candidates must have permission to live and work in the United States. DAILY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Administration & Finance
- Providing administrative support to ensure that program implementation complies with funder requirements and Internews' policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the smooth processing of contracting and payment requests and financial compliance by communicating regularly with headquarters' Accounting and Administration teams.
- Preparing invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and completing credit card reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Compiling forms and documentation related to subgrants, including payments and reports.
- Assisting with the implementation of contracts.
- Contributing to the writing and compiling of program reporting, including quarterly reports and other project-related reports.
- Helping track project metrics that serve to measure the success of the Global Technology Program.
- Supporting proposal development for new projects, including research, copy-editing, and supporting the development of draft budgets.
- Drafting communication between Internews and partners.
- Drafting project-specific content for internal and external communications, including blog posts and programmatic highlights.
- Organizing meetings, webinars, and other events across time zones with international partners and fellow colleagues.
- Supporting events and partner meetings, including coordinating agendas and travel logistics.
- Attending relevant local events (panels, presentations, etc.) upon request, and sharing notes with team.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to Internews' Core Values.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in international development or non-profit sector (including field experience) OR relevant skills OR a relevant degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adopt secure communication tools
- Proven ability to
- balance and effectively prioritize multiple assignments and deadlines
- show sensitivity and understanding for diverse perspectives in a multicultural environment
- proactively communicate any challenges you're facing to your supervisor and ask for help
- Professional-level fluency in English
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at supporting and elevating voices of people across the globe
- Non-profit experience and/or familiarity with US Government rules and regulations
- Experience working in or interest in Central Europe (specifically Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia)
- Experience with event planning and/or arranging logistics for project implementation abroad
- Interest in the intersection of technology and human rights
- Experience using secure channels for communication
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. - Trello, Airtable, etc.)
- Language skills is one of the primary Internews languages (Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian) or a prevalent language in Central Europe
Location: WashingtonDistrict of Columbia, United States
- WashingtonDistrict of Columbia, United States
- Date Posted
- 14 Jul 2020
Fetching Careerjet Job Listings
Fetching Indeed Job Listings